need a different kind of jumpstart!

Amy B.
on 2/8/06 11:42 am - Hampton Roads, VA
Poor me. I know before even going to the surgeon for the first time...that it's in my best interest to knock off 30 lbs. before surgery. I have been putting it off....you know...trying to get through the holidays, one last birthday cake in January....and now I bet I'll be up for this surgery in the next three months or so. What methods have worked for you for shedding this pre-op weight? I never checked the carbs on the protein I'm drinking when I bought it. But today I looked and it's made with splenda and has only 3 carbs per serving for which I am so relieved. I know me....when the time comes to do the bowel prep....and the diet that comes just before that....that will likely be good for about 18 pounds for me just in those two weeks if I do nothing now. But...I'd really like the surgeon to see and know that I'm dead serious about doing this for a lifetime by losing a nice amount before March 23 when I see him for the first time. Amy
A10sFrau
on 2/8/06 7:10 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
I put myself on the diet I would have to be on after surgery (using protein shakes, very low carbs, and 1000-1500 cal), and lost 34 pounds from the end of Oct. to Jan. 25. I proved to myself I could thrive on the bariatric diet AND lost weight per my surgeon's directive. Lois
Amy B.
on 2/8/06 7:58 pm - Hampton Roads, VA
Great minds. I think I'm going to try doing that myself. I had already thought that idea over anyway but didn't take it as far as counting calories....just protein, water, protein supplement and whatever carbs come from low carb vegetables. But I bet if I pay attention to the calories that will keep me in better control. THANKS Lois! Amy
Betsy Anitahug
on 2/9/06 12:42 am - Danville, VA
Amy, I had a really hard time before surgery....I counted every little calorie that I put in my mouth....kept it under 1000 calories a day...counting calories is the best way for me....Good luck and hope you get a surgery date soon. Hugs, betsy
Amy B.
on 2/9/06 5:41 am - Hampton Roads, VA
Wow Betsy! I've been keeping up with your posts and I know your computer time is so so precious right now. Thank you for taking part of it to respond to me. 1000 cals huh. Gosh...when did I last have that....maybe when I was 8? But I think you and Lois are both right because I'm pretty sedentary now. If I could even aim for that and if I go over at least let it be on lower fat protein. I'm keeping track of everything that goes in my mouth on fitday.com that Natalie recommended a while back. Take care and best wishes for increasing peace and happiness in your new life!! Amy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views