I found out what is going on with my incision..

Iamspoi1ed
on 2/7/06 8:59 pm - Roanoke, VA
Ok, so I had to go into the doc's office yesterday afternoon......the place is infected.....So, Barbara cut the skin that separated the places and took the stitches out that *used* to be internal (YUCK!) and then packed the huge (it looks that way anyway!) hole with gauze. I got antibiotics too, so I hope this helps! Now, I have to pack that thing 2x a day and it is soooooooo gross. Has anyone else had to deal with this?? Any thoughts!? I am so freaked out! Barbara said it looks worse than it is, but I cant help but worry!! Thanks in advace! *Hugs* Mary
(deactivated member)
on 2/7/06 9:12 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Ouch, Mary - cutting the skin around the incision sounds PAINFUL!! I never had any problems with my open RNY incision, although the lower half of it did keloid on me. Ive read/seen numerous times though where people have had to pack the wound long after surgery, so although it might not be "typical" it does happen. Make sure you FOCUS ON YOUR PROTEIN intake right now. Get as much as you humanly possibly can! Even if it means pluggin' your nose and chuggin' it back. Protein is one of the best/quickest ways to help a wound heal. Hang in there - it's all going to be worth it, in the long run! - Lei
lookin2lose2
on 2/7/06 9:14 pm - Fairfax, VA
RNY on 01/27/06 with
Mary, I'm sorry to hear you are having problems. I haven't had that problem with the incision from RNY but I did with my c-section incicision. Because the cut was a bikini cut and I had a tummy hanging over the incicision the area couldn't stay dry (TMI so I had to do the same thing. I promise it does seem worse to you than what it is. My dr. didn't even put me on antibiotics it took about a good two weeks but it did heal up! Just do what they instruct you do, take your antibiotics and you should be fine. I worry over everything so I can imagine how you feel but I tell you mine worked out to be FINE! Take Good Care! Jean
cpatters
on 2/7/06 10:17 pm - Rockingham County, VA
The skin around my g-tube is infected. IT IS SOOOO GROSS!!!!!!! I had to get some topical cream for it. They told me to keep it clean and dry. ???? I am taking 2-3 showers a day to keep it clean and.... to keep it dry is almost imposable. It is located directly under my left breast... and my "girls" are NOT the smallest on the block... if you know what I mean. You cant keep things dry when you have large amount of skin hanging on top of skin. I hope that all is better with you. Cathy
MrsTonyaBrown
on 2/8/06 12:25 am - Jacksonville, FL
Cathy, Do what I was told. Take a sanitary napkin and place it over the infection sight, tape side towards your breast. I had smiliar lissues with my feeding tube and this really helped keep it dry. and kept my breast from rubbing as much. Tonya
Ernurse323
on 2/8/06 1:16 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Mary, I am sorry. How terrible. I know you do not like packing the wound. It took me a long time to get use to doing wound care as a nurse..let alone a patient !!!! My c-section wanted to split open in 2004..but it didn't get infected. Are you on antibiotics? Did the doc culture it? I am with Leilani..get all your Pro in !!! You need that to heal as well as the antibiotics. Take Care..and heal soon !!! Dana
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views