ANOTHER PROTEIN PROBLEM!

Christine Hood
on 2/7/06 8:21 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
I'm preop too and haven't started tasting protein yet but I have heard that Isopure is decent (Vitamin Shoppe). Also, keep in mind, according to my nut, yogurt counts as a fluid so maybe you can get some of your protein that way (also add powder to the yogurt). I have had experience with protein powder about 10 years ago and we are DEFINITELY not friends (me and protein powder, that is). I'm just going to buy some and take them like medicine if I have to. I am hoping that my tastes will change after...wouldn't it be nice to really taste "chocolate shake" when you drink one of those...doubt it but nice thought! lol...Good luck! Hope that helps! Christine
ruthb
on 2/8/06 1:16 am - Richmond area, VA
Finding a proteitn that you like is, unfortunately, a matter of trial and error. Some of the ones people have raved about were awful to me! So don't expect yourself to fall in line with someone's recommendations - you just have to keep trying! The only ones I can tolerate (and in fact, actually like!) are Unjury unflavored, mixed with Crystal Light Sunrise (only - don't like it as much mixed with other flavors of Crystal Light); and Nectar Roadside Lemonade, mixed first with half a cup of Crystal Light lemonade, and then filled up with ice cold water. For some reason, I don't like the lemonade-flavored protein mixed with jus****er. Immediately post-op, I had a big jar of Isopure that I didn't really like. I forced it down for far too long, even after finding something that I liked, because I had paid for it, darn it, and wasn't going to waste it! It's still in the back of some cupboard, as my emergency, last-resort protein.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views