New Picture

jilldennis
on 2/6/06 2:48 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi, All - I posted a new picture a few minutes ago of my 20 year old daughter and I. We are both in the overall capri's that I wore to the hospital on the day of my WLS surgery! We were laughing so hard - I was afraid we were going to fall over!..(and it still hurts to laugh too much!) She has gone shopping with me several times and keeps telling me things I need to buy. She keeps saying Mom - you would look good in this - you should get this... My question is - should I be dressing like the 40-something that I am - or like a 20 year old? I can wear most anything in the juniors dept - but I don't feel comfortable with skin showing...some of it is pretty icky!!! I have been doing pretty good since my gallbladder and hernia surgery on the 27th of January. I'm still very tender in 2 spots though. Dr. M says I'm doing great and don't have to go back and see him until April. Has anyone out there read the book Exodus from Obesity by Paula Peck? I bought it while at Dr. M's office and have almost finished it! It is a wealth of knowledge for pre-ops and post-ops! Have a great day! Hugs! Jill 278/261/225/154/140 PreConsult/Consult/SurgeryDay/NOW/Goal!
Ms Court
on 2/6/06 3:11 am - Remington, VA
Looking beautiful. Glad to hear you are doing well. Courtney 9 12 weeks out - 49 lbs
jilldennis
on 2/6/06 3:25 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Thanks Courtney! Have you really lost 50 pounds already??? WOW!!!! Did you submit a new picture yet? Miss you!! Hugs Jill
Ms Court
on 2/6/06 10:17 pm - Remington, VA
I am having a hard time believing the numbers myself. I bought a pair of jeans yesterday that are 2 sizes smaller than what I have been wearing. I haven't put up a new pic yet. Am going to take some in a couple of weeks so maybe I will have a good one then. Courtney 9 1/2 weeks out - 49 lbs
*~Tigger~ *
on 2/6/06 4:04 am - Staunton, VA
Lookin' great, Jill! JoAnn
jilldennis
on 2/6/06 5:53 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Thanks JoAnn!!! I am sending you out some goodies tomorrow!!! Hugs! Jill
sylvia
on 2/6/06 4:30 am - Stafford, VA
Hi Jill - So good to see you post again! It was great meeting you at Dr M's, too!. I'm real glad that you are feeling better after your surgery. I think you should wear whatever makes you feel good, whether it's junior or old lady or anything in between - it's all about how you feel!! When I lost all my weight I will definately be dressing more on the young side than my age of almost fifty - what, am I going to wear polyester pants? Not me! Now work of course is different. I will/have always dressed professionally for the office, but weekends anything goes! Hugs, Sylvia RNY1/23 270/251/150
jilldennis
on 2/6/06 6:25 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi, Sylvia - it was great meeting you too! I love the "little" jeans - I think that is my favorite thing right now! My daughter also bought us matching Janis Joplin t-shirts - hers was a smalll and mine was a medium (juniors!!!) I just love it!! Hugs
Julie R.
on 2/6/06 5:21 am - Belspring, VA
Jill, I loved the photo!!! Wow, you have come so far As for the junior clothes, go for it Bring along some friends just to make sure you don't go overboard. Exodus from Obesity is one of the books I purchased once I decided to have WLS. I too found it to be very informative! I also picked up "Before & After" by Susan Leach which had some good recipes (I made up some egg custards last night) and the cookbook "Eatting Well After Weight Loss Surgery" which has several recipes I haven't gotten around to trying. I figure that I don't want to get bored after surgery and the Eatting Well...cookbook has some yummy looking food. Hopefully, it doesn't just sit up in my shelf like the other cookbooks Best wishes! Julie 14 days to go!!!
Chyanne2u
on 2/6/06 5:47 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hey Jill, I think you look marvelous. And that picture of you and your daughter in the overalls is so cute. I long to see the day I can fit into something nice and look good in it. When you are "BIG" you see so many cute clothes and say if only I could look good in that...... then you end up eating because you are so depressed. Seems to be a vicious cycle we are in but with WLS you were (as so many others were) able to lose the weight and look so good. I am so proud of you and your progress. I had gall bladder surgery back in 2000. I have not missed it since. I was very fortunate that I didn't go into a full blown attack. I had an uncomfortable feeling in my right side and it was enough for me to ask my doctor about it and from there they discovered the stones. I will keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery. We are in the same sisterhood. I too am a Mary Kay Consultant. Do you know Pam Martin? She is my director and I know she went to Dallas this past year. I love sharing my Mary Kay with other women. As you say in your profile...it's your ministry. My weight has kept me from going further with it but I am sure once I get approved for surgery....I will be wanting to put Mary Kay on every face I see. By the way, you DO NOT look like a cancer patient. You look wonderfully young and vibrant. Don't let anyone ever tell you different. Sometimes others who are jealous of our success, attack the only way they know. Somehow it makes them feel better about themselves to cut others down. Keep you head high and next time she says something like that, just say but I am healthy and loving life. (oh, I read your profile to get that bit of information) Lots of Love Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views