Incision Question

lookin2lose2
on 2/5/06 9:54 pm - Fairfax, VA
RNY on 01/27/06 with
I had surgery by Dr. Halmi a week ago. Here is the thing he put tape on my incision. The nurse told me at check out to take showers facing away from the water. The tape on the incisions are itching and curling on the ends can I take them off or do I have to wait for them to fall off? The one at the top is still taped on and I feel if I don't help this tape along and with me taking showers facing away from the water and not getting the area really wet I could have this tape on for weeks - Yuck The incision feels fine just a tad sore but doesn't look or feel infected just healing up. As always thanks for your advice! Jean
Lelandmm
on 2/5/06 11:18 pm - Chesapeake, VA
The tape is called Steri Strips. (My mom is a nurse) Mine were itching and coming up as well, my mom said just to trim off the pieces that had come up. When I went back for my 10 day follow up after surgery, my suregon said I could take them off at any time. It took me a couple days to get them off, I was scared they were going to hurt like pulling off a band aid. They didn't, but I thought they would. I was so relived to have those strips gone and the itching gone! Leland
lookin2lose2
on 2/6/06 12:24 am - Fairfax, VA
RNY on 01/27/06 with
Leland, That's a great idea to trim the tape. Thank you so much for responding. I'm like you I'm really looking forward to them coming off but don't want to do anything that I'm not supposed to. Thanks Again! Jean
Ms Court
on 2/6/06 12:18 am - Remington, VA
Hey girl. When Dr. Anez did mine they told me to let them fall off or if they were hanging by one little edge to do ahead and pull them off. Nurse told me they would last about 2 weeks but mine actually lasted about 8-10 days. Sounds like you are doing great. Keep it up. Courtney 9 1/2 weeks out - 49 lbs
lookin2lose2
on 2/6/06 12:23 am - Fairfax, VA
RNY on 01/27/06 with
Thanks Courtney for your response. You are doing great - 49 Pounds gone that's awesome!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views