OT: Super Bowl Comercials

Cinderellen
on 2/5/06 8:54 pm - Winterville, NC
Let me just say that I think that this year's comercials were lame. That being said, which one was your favorite? Mine was the one where the two doctors were trying to kill a fly that was buzzing around them. They eventually zap it with defib paddles and say that killed him, just as the family of the patient walked in. Cracked me up! No idea what they were selling though
(deactivated member)
on 2/5/06 9:15 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
lol, well since the game sucked [sigh]...poor lil Seahawks couldn't get a good "REF" call to save themselves, so the commercials were the only real entertainment of the evening. Anyway, I have several favorites: 1) FED X - the cavemen commercial. 2) Budweiser The baby horse trying to pull the wagon, not realizing mom and dad were in the back helping. 3) Budweiser (again, I think?) The streaking GOAT - lol, especially the backshot wiggle! 4) The DOVE commercial - helping to promote a positive self image for young girls. You didn't ask - but I'll toss this in too - I think the STUPIDEST one (and there were many) was the Robot and MzGodzilla-ette, falling in love and having a baby Hummer. Dumb dumb dumb! Oh, and the "Whopperettes"? Who the heck dreams this stuff up and then I have to wonder why the company signs off on it and then shells out 1/2 million bucks into airing it. .
(deactivated member)
on 2/5/06 9:25 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
the one that cracked me up was the budwiser "magic frige". absolutly loved that one. corinn
Lelandmm
on 2/5/06 11:24 pm - Chesapeake, VA
I loved the career builder commericial with the guy who works with a bunch of monkeys, and he is on the phone with someone and she says I understand, I work with a bunch of Jack Asses, and they show her office and its full of donkeys. I love it! I guess because sometimes I feel like I work with monkeys and jackasses. Although we collectively call them all "clowns" here in my office. I think yesterday should have been the Sleeper Bowl not the Super Bowl. That was the most BORING football game I have ever seen in my entire life. Most of the commericials SUCKED as well. If we hadn't been in a bar playing QB1, I wouldn't have watched it past the 1st quarter. Having to remember to press "run" or "pass" actually kept me awake during the game. There was no way the game or the commericials were going to keep me awake. B - O - R - I - N - G Thank GOD it is only 13 days until the Daytona 500!!!!
Ms Court
on 2/6/06 12:38 am - Remington, VA
I have to say that Budweiser was my fav again this year. I loved the baby pulling the cart, magic frig, and the streaking sheep. The Emerald Nuts Druid one was lame. Courtney 9 1/2 weeks out - 49 lbs
LadyDiane
on 2/6/06 2:32 am - Richmond, VA
I would have to agree that I was dissapointed with the commercials this year (especially the Hummer one, stupid!) But I would say my favorite was the fed ex one with the cavemen and the streaking sheep although I also liked the Ameriquest one with the couple on the plane (the woman is straddling the man). They have got to improve these commericals, I mean give us something to look at besides football (but I do like the men in tight pants!) Have a great week all, HUGS Diane
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views