Daily Post/Stubborn lbs. ***UPDATES***

Kitty Kat
on 2/5/06 7:45 pm - Richmond, VA
Morning Buggas! How was ur weekend? Mine was on the on the go go go! Friday was lunch with my buggas, sis and our friend Tom, Saturday am/pm was vegging with friends I've not seen in YEARS and we got a bite to eat and the rest of the night we were SURROUNDED by music...ahhh my life IS music. it! One friend plays bass another guitar and we got sung to. AWWWWW! Headed downtown to a local spot to hear 2 bands. Played some pool had some drinks was nice. Sunday was a day of vegging. Was really worn out. Hubs & I rented a couple movies and we read, vegged in bed, watched movies and hung out with out buggas! WOW! them! So.... How will you move your body today? Are/have you taking/taken your vitamins? Are/have you getting/gotten in your fluids? Are/have you getting/gotten in your foods (and the good ones)? ***STUBBORN LBS**** There are a couple updates below CONGRATS ladies! Kat Date: Jan. 26th Current Weight: 167 Goal Weight: 140-145 lbs. lost: 0 Sharon Date: 1/26/06 Current Weight: 148 Goal Weight: 140 Pounds Lost: 0 Mom Date:1/26/06 Current Weight:195 Goal Weight: 135-140 lbs. lost: 0 ***UPDATED 2/3/06*** Dianna Date: 01/26/06 Current Weight: 163 Goal Weight:140 lbs. lost: 1 ***UPDATED***2/2/06 Jackie Date: 02/02/06 Starting weight as of 01/27/06: 183 Current Weight: 180 Goal Weight:150 lbs. lost: 3 Jill Goal: 1/26/06 Current Weight: 157 Goal Weight: 135-140 lbs. lost: to date: 120 - I want to loose at least another 17 by my birthday (6/10) Jen G Date: Jan 26 Current Weight: 165 Goal Weight: 140 lbs. lost: 0 I hope to be at 140 by my surgery anniversary in April so inspire me! Leigh Ann Date: 1/27/06 Current Weight: 225 Goal Weight: 180 by June lbs. lost: 0 Jackie Date: 01/27/06 Current Weight: 181 Goal Weight:150 lbs. lost: 2 Leilani Date: 1/23/06 Current weight: 179 ½ Goal weight: 169 Pounds lost: 4 ½ Susan Date: 2/01/06 Current Weight: 159 Goal Weight: 140 Pounds lost: 0 ***UPDATED***2/6/06 Betsy Date: 2/5/06 Current weight: 195 ONEDERLAND!!! Goal weight: Pounds lost: Hugs, Kitty Kat "WHASSUP?" Twisted Whiskers - Feb 6th
(deactivated member)
on 2/5/06 8:27 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Kat ~ Since I'm only recording weight loss or weight gain on Monday's - it's the only time I'll be able to update to this post. My body tends to do the ol' up 2, down 1, up 1, down 2, etc - several days in a row - so I can't come up with a TRUE adjustment from day to day. I figure from Monday to Monday, it's going to be somewhat accurate, verses daily. Anyway - I RAN to the scales this morning to see if the new loss actually "stuck" and thankfully, it has! New Stats: Starting Date: 1/23/06 Current Date: 2/06/06 Current weight: 176 ½ Goal weight: 169 Pounds lost: 7 ½ I wanted to lose a total of 15 pounds and I'm HALF way there! It's amazing how much better I FEEL with just a 7 ½ loss. My clothes don't fit as snug, I don't feel so bloated, the rings are twirling on my fingers again and my overall attitude is more positive. Even my hubby said he could SEE the difference - he mentioned this weekend that he could tell I was losing inches and my rib bones and hip bones were more defined! Cool, I'll take it! I've made a few SIMPLE adjustments to my daily life/routine. I've incorporated BREAKFAST into my day. Never was much of a breakfast eater and I always substituted a protein shake in lieu of food. Not anymore - now I make myself eat something/anything within TWO hours of actually waking up. I don't care what I eat as long as it's predominately PROTEIN laden. My favorite 'quick fix' (cause Im lazy) is a 4 oz serving of cottage cheese and 1 serving (17 slices) of Turkey Pepperoni. About 20 grams of protein and just under 200 calories. I always assumed that if I ate breakfast it would trigger the NEED to eat/graze the rest of the day, so I avoided it. I'm finding that it's just the opposite - it truly does keep me 'satisfied' and the need to keep eating isn't there. Lunch is normally some sort of deli meat roll up with either cream cheese or swiss cheese, sunflower seeds, onions and sweet pickles (yum!) ...or a humongo salad, with lots of things I enjoy - cukes, tomatoes, onions, cheese, pecans or almonds, eggs, dried fruit (raisons, cranberry) cheese crumbles and then topped with some sorta' protein. Primarily precooked (in a bag) beef, chicken or tuna and a low calorie dressing. About 350 calories, give or take. Dinner is whatever I make for the rest of my family, I just focus on the dense PROTEIN aspect of it first, which really does help to keep me satisified/full longer. I still incorporate 'snacks' into my day (2 or 3 times a day) but Im choosing healthier options - Fish jerky, Beef Jerky, Turkey-roni, Cheese w/lowfat crackers, dried fruits, fresh fruits, etc. I have NOT actually tracked my calories but I do keep an estimated running total in my head. I think it's safe to say that number is averaging 1200 to 1400 on any given day. Im STILL coming up short with exercising. Spent all of last week feeling like crud, congested lungs and a bronchial cough that pretty much kicked my butt - hopefully, this week will be different. I know the weight is not going to continue coming off if I don't. Oh and WATER, lots and lots of PURE H20! I drink a minimum of 100 oz a day - although I'd like to bring that up to 120 oz. When your lungs are clogged and you're trying to guzzle that much water in one day, it almost feels like your drowning, so Ive been less aggressive about it. Hopefully, that will also change this week - we'll see. Good luck to ALL of us in this ongoing battle to lose the weight or maintain, regardless of the stages of our journey. - Lei .
TammyNVA
on 2/5/06 8:33 pm - Chesterfield, VA
IT'S MONDAY... where did the weekend go?? I had a good/low key weekend. Spent Saturday afternoon with my daughter, shopping and visiting a friend of hers that just had a baby (cute cute, love babies!) Sunday spent 4 1/2 hours at church (I was doing stuff ) and then chillin' until I said to myself "get off your butt and exercise" with the aided motivation of my pals on the Nov 2005 board. So I did 45 minutes with old' Richard Simmons. Woke up sore, but feelin' good! How will you move your body today? physical therapy tonight and then treadmill for 20 minutes Are/have you taking/taken your vitamins? half down the hatch Are/have you getting/gotten in your fluids? 1 Nectar protein drink done (ummmm latte Cappachino) Yesterday bought a CASE of Propel at Costco so that should help get more water in me... I gotta have taste! Are/have you getting/gotten in your foods (and the good ones)? Yesterday ate Kashi hot cereal w/milk for b'fast (15 g protein), 1/2 slice pizza with extra cheese, nut thins (wheat/gluten/fat free crackers) w/ LF melted cheese for snack, pork roast/corn/broccoli for dinner. Have no idea what I'm eating today! I don't have a scale, so don't know weight loss, but I'll weigh myself at physical therapy and report in. Have a great day everyone Tammy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views