NO more pills and up date on April

elvera
on 2/5/06 1:10 pm - LaPlata, MD
Hi all, 5 days out and still haven't had any diabetic medication since surgery. I was doing 5 pills aday and that wasn't even controlling it. But now I am so excited that my sugar hasn't gone over 120 in the last 4 days. And my neighbor said today not having seem me since surgery. Ellie your tummy went down. Wahooooooo. I am feeling great Talked to April a couple of times today and she is doing a little better. She is having alot of trouble with her shoulder maybe air trapped or really pulled something. She said that when she woke up from surger she was fighting everyone and they had to hold her down. so maybe it is from that. she is still having some trouble with the breathing be seems to be getting alot of junk out of her lung herself. dr said that if she doesn't get better they will have to put a tube in her lung and suck it out. Yuck!!!! I fell so bad for her and that i am feeling so good and I am 20 years her senior. Anyway I will check on her in the morning and keep you all posted on how she is doing. Hugs to you all. ellie
TammyNVA
on 2/5/06 6:52 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Thanks for the update Elvera!! Congratulations on your success!! I have had similar results with my blood sugar readings. After 3 weeks of under 100 readings my doctor said I didn't have to test everyday anymore! I just couldn't believe it. Take care and keep us up to date with April. Please let her know that many are praying for her fast and complete recovery. Hugs, Tammy
Ernurse323
on 2/5/06 9:20 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Hello Ellie, That is GREAT about your blood sugars stabilizing so soon !!! Also..Tell April that I hope she makes a fast recovery. About the waking up from surgery and fighting..that can be completely normal. Many people wake up fighting after being put under. It is a fairly common occurance from anesthesia. Some cry...some fight like man men.. One time I was working in same day surgery and my patient slapped me in the face when I was talking to her while she was coming out. I wanted to slap her right back !!! LOL !! Take care and many well wishes of a fast recovery and mucho weight loss for you..and April too !!! : - ) Dana
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views