Saturday night in ER

cpatters
on 2/5/06 10:25 am - Rockingham County, VA
I was feeling really bad Saturday night. I started hurting in my tummy. It kept getting worse and worse. Finally, I felt like I was going to pass out and my pain was so bad that I did not think that I could make it to UVA. It all happend in about 1/2 hour. My husband ended up taking me to the local ER. (it takes over an hour to get to uva) They took Xrays and found that I have loose air in my abdominal cavity. They transported me to UVA. They thought that they would have to do exploritary surgery. After a set of CT scans, they said that they air must be comming into my system through my g-tube. They were going to keep me there at the hospital, but I wanted to come home. I feel much better, but still very sore. I just wish that I could feel like I should. But... I will get through this. I will ge healthier end the end!!!! cathy
Susan E.
on 2/5/06 10:38 am - Purcellville, VA
Sorry to hear your having a bad time of it. I will keep you in my thoughts. Hope its gets better for you real fast. Keep your eye on the prize, a healthier life. Susan
cpatters
on 2/5/06 10:41 am - Rockingham County, VA
Thanks for the thoughts. They are greatly appreciated. Hugs2U Cathy
Shanana
on 2/5/06 10:43 am - Altavista, VA
Sorry to hear you are having problems. Hope you are all better soon. Shannon
cpatters
on 2/5/06 10:49 am - Rockingham County, VA
Thanks Shannon, I have slept pff and on all day. I feel sore and tired. But much better. Thanks again. Cathy
~*Country Girl*~
on 2/5/06 11:21 am - somewhere in de Mtns!, VA
Oh bless your heart! That must have been just miserable for you! So what happened to the air in you? Did it just go away on it's own? I have heard people complain of gas after lap rny. Then they tell us just to move around alot to bounce it around so it will pass. But in your cavity how would it pass? You have my curiosity up! Glad to here your feeling better! Lisa 423/171/???
cpatters
on 2/5/06 11:33 am - Rockingham County, VA
Hi Lisa, The air that is in my body is trapped somewhere around my liver and diaphram. They said that it would take a while for it to disipate. Your body naturally absorbs it. As long as it is not comming from my instestines it is not as complicated, but none the less painfull. They think that it is comming in from around my g-tube. I Really Hate this Stupid G-Tube!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope to get it out on my 1st post op follow up on Feb. 9th. Thanks for listening!!! Cathy
yvette223
on 2/5/06 9:20 pm - winchester, VA
RNY on 01/24/06 with
Cathy, i am sorry you are having a rough time of it, hang in there you are in my prayers yvette
Ernurse323
on 2/5/06 9:25 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Cathy, Good greif !!! I bet you were relieved to know that it was just trapped air and nothing else. I am so sorry this is happening to you. It doersn't make sense that it is coming in through your G-tube because the tube goes straight into your stomach. I need a GBS 101.. side effects early on class. Take care and get well !!! Dana
prissy25
on 2/6/06 12:31 am - Barboursville, VA
Cathy Im so sorry you are having trouble. I hope you get to feeling better real soon. I have an appt. on the 9th as well at 8am what time is your appt.? Maybe we will meet before the 18th. Just remember take things slow an easy Ive heard and see alot of people after this surgery rushing things such as exercise and work this is a major surgery and you must let the body heal before trying normal things so becareful. Hugsss.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views