Mixing protein supp w/crystal light

Amy B.
on 2/5/06 3:37 am - Hampton Roads, VA
I can't find anything definitive on that subject as to whether or not the product breaks down if you mix ahead. However, vitalady does mention that she puts powdered protein product into disposable plastic bottles and then adds the liquid later. That would be just as easy for me and still kill the two birds (protein and water) with one stone. At least it will be ok for now as a pre-op. I will (and would probably be good if others did also) ask the nutritionist when I have the visit with her as to their recommendation on the amount of protein within the certain time frame and why. Actually, I had to "mix n run" on my protein this a.m. and I used way less water this time....maybe 3 oz. This one mixes very easily with just a spoon. So I may continue that...anything to get it in and get the full benefit at this time. Amy
A10sFrau
on 2/5/06 5:11 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
How far ahead are you intending to mix it? I have a container of Nectar at work. I mix it there. Seems like I have read in more than one place that you should drink it when you mix it for best results. When I need it one the spot I drink Achieve One or Protica. All these things cost too much to waste, or spoil the effect of. Good luck, Lois
Amy B.
on 2/5/06 11:40 am - Hampton Roads, VA
Hi Lois! When I've mixed it by the pitcher it's been about 9 a.m. and I try to have it all gone by 5 p.m. at the latest. I really like a glass of water now and then but it seems hard for me to drink plenty of it when it's a "required" thing. One of those dumb games the brain plays. So after I've had a couple of the crystal light/protein drinks I feel like I really want some plain old water. I have an overactive bladder as it is which I hope will calm down some after losing weight. Detrol 2mg was of no help. Anyway, my bladder is a little "quieter" through the night and I get much better sleep if I don't drink anything after 8 p.m. Congratulations on your surgery and best wishes for a continued speedy recovery. I'll be there soon and be glad when it's all said and done. One minute I'm thinking, "Oh, the pain....I don't want to go through this." and the next minute I'm so excited about it. What a roller coaster! Take care! Amy
A10sFrau
on 2/5/06 1:52 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Like you, I expected to be in pain, having read the postings of so many here. The only true pain I had was when the anesthetist brought me out of anesthesia with no analgesia. That was agony! It only lasted a few minutes until she titrated the morphine in the pump. Compared to that everything else was mere discomfort. I had had two C-sections which left me with the air-in-the-abdomen pains, but I had NONE of that this time. I realize we all have a wide variety of responses to this surgery. Fortunately, my experience has been VERY positive and pain-free. Hopefully yours will be, too. Lois
(deactivated member)
on 2/5/06 7:10 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Amy .. during the summer . I mix a big jug of it .. and drink on it for a couple days . Susan Maria has something on her site about this . www.bariatriceating.com I drink from the jug then do two 8 oz straight protein and CL . So I know I am getting in my 46 grams from my suppliments . The other is for my drinking pleasure and extra protein . You can mix ahead .. it will not hurt it .. as long as you do not let it sit out . Keep it cold . Nat
Amy B.
on 2/5/06 11:43 am - Hampton Roads, VA
Thanks Natalie!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views