Update, fewer postings

A10sFrau
on 2/4/06 9:09 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Thought I would update re: first post op visit Friday. I am doing very well, no pain, no nausea. Had been walking 2 miles/day prior to surgery and continuing easily. Getting in over 60 g protein, way over 32 oz. fluids, 600-800 cal/day. Taking all vitamins and minerals. Don't go bac****il June. Do go back to work Wed., 2 weeks post surgery to the day. Have to remind myself not to drink too much. All sites are healing. I am driving. Including all weight loss I am -42 pounds. For personal reasons I will be posting much less. I will keep up with those I 'know', will be reading daily, but have chosen to withdraw into a less active position following certain recent communications. Life is too short to spend one moment of it on anything less than happiness. Lois
(deactivated member)
on 2/4/06 9:21 am - Remington, VA
So glad to hear you're doing so great! 42 lbs down wow! Did that put you below 200? I remember reading your profile and you'd gotten down to 241. Good luck going back to work!
wanda
on 2/4/06 9:31 am
Hi Lois, you're doing great! Good luck going back to work! ~Wanda
cappymoon
on 2/4/06 9:32 am - Northern, VA
Lois, You are doing so well, I am happy for you!! You are on the right track, and I hope things continue to progress for you at this wonderful rate!! Sorry to hear you wont be around as much. As you know, the written word can sometimes be a little screwey, and sometimes meanings come accross all wrong. It has happened to alot of us, and that is why we choose to hang out on the VA board VS the main board. Things are written and sometimes things go awry, but I hope you do continue to post, as you have something to offer those that will be traveling the same path as you have choosen. You are now a wealth of information, and I hate to see that go to waste........ You are in my thoughts, and I am sooo happy you are doing so well!! Dianna (Hoping my words didnt come out wrong, they were written with all of the love I have for everyone here )
Ernurse323
on 2/4/06 9:54 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Lois, Please don't do that. I am pretty new on here and love all your words of wisdom and input on things. I am very excited to see how you are doing with your surgery !!! Awesome... You have lost 42 lbs? Yeah for you !!! Why do you have to remind yourself not to drink too much? Does it make you ill or stretch your pouch? ( I despise that word...makes me think we will all be some form of mutated kangaroos after surgery !!! ) How much PRO did your surgeon want you to get in daily? Which vitamin supplements did you decide to go with after surgery? Are you tolerating them OK? Who knows..maybe I will leave to ER forever ( which is the kind of nursing I do ) and go into bariatric medicine. Take care of yourself !! Hope to talk soon !! Dana
A10sFrau
on 2/4/06 11:27 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
I don't care for the term pouch, either. I am not a marsupial. My surgeon says under 50 g protein is not acceptable. I go over. I take chewable Flintstones, 2 each morning. I do not like the taste, but will get by with them until I can take the larger tablets. 500 micrograms B-12. Ranitidine 150 bid, Ursodiol 300 mg bid, chewable calCitrate 1800 mg qd. Tolerating all of them just fine. Thanks for the email, Lois
Susan E.
on 2/4/06 9:59 am - Purcellville, VA
Lois, Happy to share in your excitement of the pounds falling off. It feels great, I know. And just think this is only the beginning for you. I am sorry to hear you will not be posting. You will be missed by so many of us. We all need to support one another and this is the perfect place to do it. Please stay in touch. Susan
*~Tigger~ *
on 2/4/06 11:17 am - Staunton, VA
Hey, Lois! I am soooooooo glad that you are still doing well! Please call me and let me know what is going on! JoAnn
WendyNVA
on 2/4/06 7:24 pm - Va Beach, VA
Hey Lois, Congrats on your progress, sounds like you're doing awesome! Keep up the great work, and dont worry about drinking too much, water that is, you could have been referring to something else... bu****er is great for ya! Good luck going back to work, take care of yourself and dont over do things! Wendy
prissy25
on 2/4/06 9:44 pm - Barboursville, VA
GREAT JOB LOIS!!!! Look forward to seeing you on the 18th. God Bless....
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views