What's the opposite of a "Wow Moment?"

LB
on 2/3/06 12:37 am - Northern, VA
My friends and I went out to a bar last night and were having a great time. These two guys bought us drinks so we went over to introduce ourselves. After we said our hellos, we were standing there talking amongst ourselves. I hear one of the guys say to the other "What's the fat girl's name?" God...I get so pissed. Yeah, I'm still fat, but COME ON! It just made me feel so crappy. My two friends are like size 4 and 6, so I guess compared to them I AM the fat girl. I guess I was just upset because I feel like I've come so far from where I was and I just don't feel like the fat girl anymore. And in two seconds that guy put me right back where I was 4 months ago! I just feel like no matter how much weight I end up losing, I'll always be the fat girl and it sucks. Needless to say, when my friends heard that, we stopped talking to them...yeah, he said it loud enough that WE all could hear. What an asshole. PS Thanks to everyone who offered advice when I was going through my stall. I upped my protein and water...it was like magic! Seven pounds just dissapeared! Hugs!
lawoman
on 2/3/06 12:45 am - Hellertown, PA
Hey girl! don't let ******** like that get you down. I know how u feel, I am still the "fat" girl compared to my very skinny friends too. You are beautiful and have come a long way....keep your chin up!! Love ya Leigh Ann
LB
on 2/6/06 5:16 am - Northern, VA
Thanks, Leigh Ann! I'm afraid I'm turning into a man hater...eek!
Ms Court
on 2/3/06 2:01 am - Remington, VA
What a jerk, men just don't get it sometimes. Try to remember when stuff like that does happen that you have come a long way. I know the roomie that I had in Richmond is beautiful, outgoing, full of life and a blast to be around. Glad to hear that you are out of your stall. Courtney 9 weeks ot - 45 lbs
LB
on 2/6/06 5:18 am - Northern, VA
Thanks, Court! I feel like just screaming at them and shaking them! I want to yell, "Hello, you should have seen me four months ago, jerk!"
Grey_Goose
on 2/3/06 2:19 am - Haymarket, VA
LB, Ouch!! His comment reveals everything about him and reflects nothing on you. You are beautiful and poised and smart and fun. Remember it. Live it. He is ugly all the way though and he can't hide it or change it. I am glad you were among friends....I guess the bar was noisy and that is why you didn't answer my call? Kelly G
LB
on 2/6/06 5:19 am - Northern, VA
Hi, Kelly! You're right, he was pretty ugly. I mean, on the outside, too. Haha! Talk to you later!
WendyNVA
on 2/3/06 6:13 am - Va Beach, VA
Hey L B I can surely relate. Sometimes words are more hurtful than anything, and really get us down. Just yesterday, I was purchasing a shirt at a thrift store, and the cashier asked me if I was over 55... I about lost my knees and fell to the floor... bit my tongue, said Not yet, and left... Ignore the ignorant comments.. thats what we should do, but its not always so easy, is it? (((((((((((( Hugs ))))))))))))) Wendy
LB
on 2/6/06 5:21 am - Northern, VA
You're right about how hurtful words can be. Thanks, Wendy!
(deactivated member)
on 2/4/06 12:55 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Every day is so wonderful And suddenly, it's hard to breathe Now and then, I get insecure From all the pain, I'm so ashamed I am beautiful no matter what they say Words can't bring me down I am beautiful in every single way Yes, words can't bring me down So don't you bring me down today To all your friends, you're delirious So consumed in all your doom Trying hard to fill the emptiness The pieces gone, left the puzzle undone Is that the way it is? You are beautiful no matter what they say Words can't bring you down You are beautiful in every single way Yes, words can't bring you down So don't you bring me down today... No matter what we do (no matter what we do) No matter what we say (no matter what we say) We're the song inside the tune Full of beautiful mistakes And everywhere we go (and everywhere we go) The sun will always shine (sun will always shine) But tomorrow we might awake On the other side 'Cause we are beautiful no matter what they say Yes, words won't bring us down We are beautiful in every single way Yes, words can't bring us down So, don't you bring me down today Don't you bring me down today Don't you bring me down today
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views