Wow moments

LadyDiane
on 2/2/06 8:35 am - Richmond, VA
Hi all, I have been having some great wow moments and I thought I would share just a few of them, as I know i have enjoyed reading all of yours. Ok so I was in a store with my mom and they had there really cute jackets and my mom is like well get one but the biggest size was XL and I didn't think it would fit me. So I tried it on and it was a perfect fit! I was like oh my gosh from a 3x to an xl, I can't believe it! I just can't believe how much my life has changed and how much more alive I feel now. I was talking to a friend of mine from work and she wants to hook me up with one of her good friends and I am like no i don't know, boys don't like me and my friend laughed at me! She just started talking to me about who I was and the kind of friend I am to her, and it made me feel so good inside, but then best of all she said "and I know you are worried about the way you look, but you need to go buy some new mirrors and get used to the new you. You were a beautiful person before and I valued your friendship then as much as I do today, because you are still the same great person that you were, you are just a lot more confident and a lot more comfortable with yourself, and you need to share that with others" I was like wow ok she was so right, I am still the same person, I am just an improved version of myself. I don't know why I didn't think of that all along, but I just feel like people are seeing teh real me for the first time, and it's nice to be comfortable going out with friends and meeting new people. I swear my friend made me tear up the more I thought about it, it was just one of the nicest conversations I have had with her adn it really made me feel like a great friend to her. Other wow moments include buying new clothes, finding my hip bones, knees and elbows, being smaller than my mom and dad, and being comfortable in the little chairs I sit in all day while I teach! Any whooo, that is my rambling babble for the night, I just wanted to say hi to all, check in and see what was new with everyone! Ok so I am still nervous about meeeting a new guy, but I think I will just go with it and have fun (or try to) I will let you all know what develops with that. Hope everyone is having a great week! HUGS Diane
WendyNVA
on 2/2/06 8:53 am - Va Beach, VA
Congrats Di, These WOW moments, sure make it all worthwhile! You have a wonderful friend, cherish her! Wendy
wanda
on 2/2/06 9:24 am
Diane, Those are awesome, awesome WOW moments! Congratulations! You obviously have a wonderful friend to coach you as she did. Good luck with the guy and enjoy your new and improved self! Hugs, Wanda
SlimminShannon
on 2/2/06 10:46 am - Richmond, VA
WTG! I agree that you need to buy some new mirrors. I already told you that my mom and I were talking about how beautiful you are. I have never in my life met a more beautiful person inside and out. I just want you to know that I love you so much and I can never tell you how much I appreciate your friendship. I feel like I am not always able to give you as much as you give me and I want you to know how much I cherish you.You are crazy if you think boys don't like you cause girl you are HOT!!!!
TammyNVA
on 2/2/06 7:30 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Diane, GREAT WOW moments!!! Relish the "improved" you... it's your NEW normal! About the guy... just go and have fun. Don't worry about his feelings, you can only control your own! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Tammy
(deactivated member)
on 2/2/06 8:21 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello Diane, my on again, off again, on again, off again - dinner date! Loved your post and that you let us share in your happiness! The warm and fuzzy's are contagious and it left me smiling ear to ear. You have a very special friend (and I know you don't need me/us to point that out) but reading that part, specifically, gave me goose bumps. Congrats on ALL your successes! Hugs - Lei
Julie R.
on 2/2/06 9:34 pm - Belspring, VA
Diane, That is awesome! I just love hearing about Wow moments Best wishes! Julie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views