my boss is the best!!

Christine Hood
on 1/31/06 8:25 pm - Fort Eustis, VA
Good morning all! I am still jumping thru all of the hoops before approval and was going to wait to tell my boss about the surgery until I had approval/date but I had a several appointments last week and several more between this week and next so I finally figured that I should just tell him what was going on. I was really a bit nervous because I have only been here in VA Beach since mid September. I told him that my goal was to take as little time off as necessary and he was just like, "OK, that's great!" He threw in how much I would be missed however long the time was but said that I needed to take care of myself however I needed to. He said that he would work with me if I needed to come back on partial days or leave early here and there...whatever I needed. I have known him since I moved to Virginia 3 years ago (I have worked for the same company for about 6 years...been in VA for 3 years, VA Beach for a few months) and have always known him to be a nice guy but his response was completely AWESOME and I am so relieved that I finally told him. I couldn't have asked for better! (Actually, I think I got a better response from him than I did from some friends). Anyway, I am just ecstatic and wanted to share!
Sporty Jill
on 1/31/06 8:39 pm - Norfolk, VA
Princess- That is GREAT! It definately makes it a little easier when the people in your life fall into place (as they should). I'm glad to hear that all is working out for you. Jill 263/203/145
(deactivated member)
on 1/31/06 9:02 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
. G'morning Princess ~ (hey, I wanna be a princess too!!!!) Im glad to hear your job and boss is taking such a POSITIVE stance in this. Ive heard a few horror stories over the years, including those that put off the surgery indefinitely because of there jobs and it's a shame. It sounds like your boss REALIZES the overall importance in YOU regaining your life and your health. He's obviously smart enough to know that it will also benefit the business in the long run. A healthier happier more energetic individual is a WIN WIN in all areas of life, including the work enviroment. Soooooooooooooooo - uh, where do I send my resume too? Have a great day - the weather is gorgeous here at da' beach, huh? Hugs - Lei
Sporty Jill
on 1/31/06 9:07 pm - Norfolk, VA
Hhheeeyyyyyyyyy................ I'm stuck in an office out here at Ft. Eustis. Stop rubbing it in! Jill
(deactivated member)
on 1/31/06 9:17 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
. LOL - uh, did I say it was a GORGEOUS day here on da' beach?? No no no, I meant [crossing fingers behind my keyboard] ...it's snowing and blustery and on top of that? It's RAINING buckets too. No seriously - torrential downpours mixed with blizzard like conditions creates a perfect mix for slushy like conditions (anyone got any sugar free syrups, Ive got the cones). There, feeling better? psssssst.... look at you woman, 60 lbs down, already?!? You're burning up the scales!! .
Sporty Jill
on 1/31/06 11:37 pm - Norfolk, VA
HAHA! NO! hehehehe Thanks - I fee SO much better. You look AWESOME! I just LOVE that pic. I need to update mine. Jill 263/203/145
Christine Hood
on 2/1/06 12:48 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Hey Lei, You are right about the weather here! It's pretty amazing! I never realized that you could have all of that snow, slush, etc with 60 something degrees and bright sunshine!! hmmmm...I think we need to call the WAVY weather guy! Oh and by the way, about the princess thing, you might be able to do it but it takes quite a bit of practice and brattiness
(deactivated member)
on 2/1/06 1:33 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
BRATTINESS??? Heck, I don't stand a chance then!
Christine Hood
on 2/1/06 4:08 am - Fort Eustis, VA
judging by that face... you sure might be able to handle the brattiness without a problem!!
Christine Hood
on 2/1/06 10:56 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Don't feel so bad...my only sniff at the beautiful VA Beach weather was my 20 minute commute and my lunch time (most of which I spent in Barnes & Noble looking for a book that was not there)...but it was beautiful!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views