lurker no more

sportymike
on 1/31/06 8:08 am - va beach, VA
hi there, i'm mike forrest, eileens husband from va beach. i have always found reading the posts here on the message board very informative and interesting. this surgery is a lifesaver for many. i have seen how it tranforms people. i have not joined before, as i really didn't know anyone besides a few very close friends aka leilani and wendy, and of course my wife, that had this procedure. well, after the richmond meet and greet, i feel like there are a lot more folks i met there that i can honestly call friends as well. i'm not a big poster, but i have now officialy joined the board, and maybe will be able to answer questions from a spouces viewpoint, and support the folks here who have been so supportive of my wife eileen. have a great eve, mike forrest
cappymoon
on 1/31/06 8:24 am - Northern, VA
LOL, Hey there Mike! I will get to you BEFORE my hubby can You posted to his post and I told him at that point *All these husbands are now joining us, why cant you guys find your own sandbox to play in!* I was JUST JOKING of course, but if I let him say it in his dead pan type, I would have come accross as a.......well, you know! Please post, it is nice to get a spouses point of view for sure!! I enjoyed meeting you two in Richmond, and hopefully if we get to the beach in the near future, we can meet up again!! Dianna
bkhunter68
on 2/1/06 12:50 pm - VA
Dead pan type uh? Remember I know where you live.
sportymike
on 2/2/06 12:28 am - va beach, VA
dianna, it sure was great to meet you and cleve too! what a time! man, the hospitality room was at least as raunchy as some of the best biker bars i've ever been too! if ya'll get to the beach, wendy, lei and paul, and eileen and i can show ya'll a few of the neat places around i'm sure!
bkhunter68
on 2/4/06 6:22 am - VA
hey mike: I have a old friend that has a house on the beach and I am trying to get it for sometime, Actually its his parents but that is not importent, Its on sand fiddler lane or road or whatever , trying for Easter vacation, Sorry guess thats not PC Spring Break, But will let you know. By the way, Whats the law on skeet shooting over the water from the beach down there.
sportymike
on 2/4/06 10:15 am - va beach, VA
hey cleve, man they are really tight down here on firearms..you can't shoot any firearm in the va beach city limits..period. not even a .22 rifle. heck, not even a bb gun. sandbridge is in the city limits, so we'll have to be satisfied w/ bows and arrows i guess. i remember you telling me you bow hunted, not sure what's in season that time of yr, but from what i've been told, the french tourists are delish!
Kennie29
on 1/31/06 11:25 am - Chesapeake, VA
Nice to meet you!! My name is Kennie, but I have not had surgery yet. My surgery is this coming Monday. My husband is in Iraq, but he will be home 12 days out after my surgery!!!! Look forward to getting to know you! Hugs, Kennie
sportymike
on 2/2/06 12:27 am - va beach, VA
i know you'll do great kennie! good luck to you and fantastic news about the husband getting home from that mess over there! what a great series of events for you! keep eveyone up to date on your progress!
Susan E.
on 1/31/06 11:57 am - Purcellville, VA
Hi Mike, "Lurker no more" It was nice meetng you and Eileen in Richmond. It was was a great weekend. Loved the Aftershock in your room too. Thanks, Susan
sportymike
on 2/2/06 12:28 am - va beach, VA
susan, it was a pleasure to meet you as well! i remember the french pedicure you had...er, never mind! lol. you might want to explain about the "aftershock" in my room though! ok, everyone, it's a cinnamon schnapps, for the non drinkers here. sounded on the dirty side though, :-]
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views