Wow moments!

spaceystacey
on 1/31/06 7:08 am - Littleton, NC
I've had a few of them this past weekend! The first is that I can officially say "Goodbye, Lane Bryant!" My mother-in-law, sister-in-law and I went shopping Sunday and I bought clothes from the Misses Sections of Hechts and J C Pennys! And the best part? I am in a size 12! That makes 6 sizes lost for me! The second one comes thanks to my dear hubby. He told me this weekend that sometimes, when I come into the room, he just plain doesn't recognize me. Odd, I know, but it sure did make my head spin. Especially since I still see the fat Stacey staring back at me in the mirror! The most recent one happend to me this morning. The scales said 178! That is 89 pounds lost so far! My bmi is now just in the overweight category, so I am no longer considered obese. Now I only have 11 pounds to go until I hit the century club! I love reading about everyone's wow moments. It is so encouraging to me, so if you read this please tell me about yours! By the way, I know I haven't been around much lately. We have our house up for sale and are in the process of making repairs and getting ready for the move. I do keep up with the posts although I don't always have time to respond. I just wanted you guys to know that I am thinking about you all! hugs, Stacey
kizie23
on 1/31/06 9:56 am - blacksburg, VA
Stacey, Congrats to you on your WOW moments. I cannot wait until I have the chance to go shopping for new clothes. Although, my friends keep telling me that with 80lbs gone since October and 48 of them since surgery 5 weeks ago I should have already went. I just want to wait a little longer. Melissa
TammyNVA
on 1/31/06 6:58 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Melissa! You are doing so well with losing weight! I hope you are feeling better Treat yourself to a new outfit, heavens. Hugs, Tammy
spaceystacey
on 1/31/06 10:39 pm - Littleton, NC
Melissa, Thank you! I said I bought clothes, but it isn't like I bought a whole wardrobe. I got 1 pair of pants and two tops and I only spent $30! There were such amazing sales this weekend! Congrats to you on your weight loss! You are doing so well, so keep up the great work! It doesn't hurt to buy a few things here and there. It really has made me able to hang onto what I have and be able to use them for a bit longer, if you know what I mean! hugs, Stacey
Susan E.
on 1/31/06 12:09 pm - Purcellville, VA
Wow Stacey you have done a great job. And congrats on your WOW moment. It is nice to share those with others. So since you ask I had one this weekend too. About 15 years ago (or so) my Grandmother gave me her string of Black Pearls. Very Beautiful. But fit me like a dog collar and I felt if I wore them and turned my head they would have burst on the floor in a million different directions. Well this past Sunday I was cleaning out my jewelry case and I tried them on and they look perfect. Fit as if they were made for me. It was very gratifing. Now I still don't know when I would ever have the special occasion to were them but I can if I want to. Who knows I just may wear them with my sweats to the store, because I can. Good luck on the sale of your home. Hope you are not going to far. Hugs, Susan
TammyNVA
on 1/31/06 6:59 pm - Chesterfield, VA
You go, Susan! Wear them to the store in sweats!! Sounds like something I'd do Hugs, Tammy
spaceystacey
on 1/31/06 10:43 pm - Littleton, NC
Thank you so much, Susan! I am thrilled right now! And I can't tell you how much of a hurry I am in to sell this house! Congrats to you on a wonderful wow moment. I know how awesome things like that can be. My prom was 12 years ago and by the time I graduated, I could no longer get into that dress. Well, last week I was able to get it on! It was snug, but it zipped up and looked better on me then than the first night I wore it! hugs, Stacey
(deactivated member)
on 1/31/06 8:03 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Woooohoooo Stacey!!!! Something VERY liberating about kicking Lane Bryant to the curb, isn't it? It's funny, I have't ordered anything from them in WELL over 3 years (stopped, a few months before my surgery) and I still to this day, rec'v catalogs from them. The last coupla' years, it's always been with the heading of "we miss you, last chance, you're about to fall off the mailing list" Well ....uh..... DUH?!?! You think the fact that I havent sent a dime in their direction in 3+ years woulda' been there first clue? By the way, I still do the "VICTORY dance" whenever I walk past a Lane Bryant in a mall. Congrats on the weight loss and good luck with the sale of your home! - Lei
spaceystacey
on 2/1/06 12:58 am - Littleton, NC
Thanks, Lei! You are so right about kicking Lane Bryant to the curb. I remember shopping for clothes there when I was in high school. It is so gratifying to know that nothing there will fit me anymore! hugs, Stacey
Sporty Jill
on 1/31/06 8:40 pm - Norfolk, VA
Stacey- That's GREAT! Like you, I love the WOW moments. And just think - they having really only just begun. Great work! Jill 263/203/145
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views