Anybody tried Pro Complex protein in strawberry??

Amy B.
on 1/30/06 12:05 pm - Hampton Roads, VA
I plan to start this will trying to get off some of this weight before they tell me I have to do it. I started to go get a case of lo carb slimfast but was passing by the nutrition store and decided to go in. The girl in there was really nice and pointed out this protein for me. In 2 scoops it has 55 grams whey isolate proteing and it's a "quick mix" formulation that you can just stir with a spoon. She said it would mix with just about anything. So I followed the tip from another poster on this board and mixed two scoops with Crystal Lite Tangerine strawberry. It is delicious. Of course....I say that now...preop but I'm hoping that over the course of a day I can sip along and work up to getting a pitcher of that down. Crystal light has always had a harsh taste to me but this protein actually improved it by making it very smooth. Just wondered if anybody else has tried this. So for probably forever I'll be eating pretty much South Beach style and adding this beverage. I hope this will make my post op transition easier. I look forward to meeting you all some day at one of these fabulous weekender parties.....but for now we are driving our son all over the state for swim meets and having a job even with that to make sure my mother is taken care of while we're gone. But in the meantime I love hearing the stories. Amy
Kennie29
on 1/30/06 3:38 pm - Chesapeake, VA
I have never tried it and since my surgery is coming up soon, I think I might try that!!! Thanks for the advice and idea! Hugs, Kennie
Amy B.
on 1/30/06 8:23 pm - Hampton Roads, VA
You're welcome! I was so tired after a long "one of those days" last night. I re-read my post and did I ever have typos. Sorry! I did want to clarify that I added the two scoops of the mix to a pitcher of Crystal Lite and I made that will just a little extra water. I have a shot glass, and since I'm home I think I'm going to practice sipping it in very small quantities throughout the day and see just how much of it I can get in me. My labs and so forth have all come back good so I want to be in the best shape I can before surgery. Somebody once told me that if your protein is real good beforehand you seem to heal better. I also want to try the Profect and found out from the company that it is very stable and you can dilute it in a bottle of water and sip along on it or even mix it in with sugar free jello. And the other one I want to try is the Fuzzy Navel by Syntrex (I think I got that right.) That's the one I heard about being mixed in with a pitcher of Crystal Light. If I'm working hard...cleaning or when I WAS exercising, water was first choice. But on a day in day out thing I get a little bored with it. Right now I'm really liking the new Lipton Diet Green Tea but I like it a LOT so try to limit to one a day, two at the most. Take care!!! Amy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views