NOVA Dinner - Feb. 11

cappymoon
on 1/30/06 11:19 am - Northern, VA
Count me in, and I think I may be able to convince my hubby (I THINK) I will let you know closer to the date, just give me a deadline of when you need to know.... Looking forward!! Dianna
KathieKathie
on 1/30/06 9:55 pm - Manassas, VA
Hmmm... deadline would be Thursday, Feb. 9 I think. Our group is getting to be pretty big, so it's possible we may have to split it in half, like we did for the Tobacco Co. Hey, I see an inquiry down the page about where to go dancing. I don't think there's anything in Old Town Alexandria worthwhile for that, unless my buddy Keith is playing at Tiffany Tavern that night (but there's no dancing there, just good bluegrass). We're real close to the King St. metro, do you have any suggestions for metro-accessible places to go boogie down ? Kathie
(deactivated member)
on 1/30/06 8:29 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Kathie - Me me me.... count me and Paul in!! I talked to him before he left for work this morning and of course the minute I mentioned "Belly dancers" his eyes lit up and he was ALL for it! (lol ...men!!) Are there any MALE dancers for us wimmenfolk? It really does sound like a lotta fun - never been to a Morrocan restaurant and we decided to make this our "Valentine weekend". Hey? Can you give me any input on HOTELS in that area? We're just going to plan on spending the night somewhere near the restaurant. Also, would anyone be interested in going dancing somewhere AFTER dinner? Not sure if there is any place near the restaurant that you might suggest, but if you and JIM, and any of the others are up it ...Paul and I would be more then gamed. Thanks for putting this together - it sounds like a lotta fun! Hugs - Lei
KathieKathie
on 1/30/06 10:05 pm - Manassas, VA
LOL... no, no male dancers, not unless us girlies sojourn up to Ziegfeld's in DC for the pretty darn good drag show and strippers (g-strings come OFF after midnight, or is it 10pm?). I wouldn't drag a hetero guy in there, though... it would be like dropping a chicken leg in a piranha tank. Maybe Dianna can suggest some other dance spots? There's nothing in Alexandria that I know of, unless y'all want to mosey over to Nick's, which is where Jim and I go country/western dancing. It's not too far, but it will require wheels to get there. As for hotels, here are a few of your best bets: Hilton Alexandria Old Town (best location) 1767 King St Alexandria, VA 22314 800-664-6835 Hampton Inn - Alexandria Old Town King St Metro 1616 King St Alexandria, VA 22314 800-346-8357 Embassy Suites Hotel Alexandria Old Town 1900 Diagonal Rd Alexandria, VA 22314 800-346-8357 Morrison House Boutique Hotel (not as close, but, fairly so) 116 S Alfred St Alexandria, VA 22314 OMG, now I'm getting excited about this... it was just going to be a small crowd for dinner, and now it's turning into an event! ~Kathie
cappymoon
on 1/31/06 12:25 am - Northern, VA
The only thing I can come up with is Polly Esthers, gives you 2 dance floors, and it is 2 blocks (if that) from Metro in NW, so the area is not bad. Here is the link, and I also emailed Heather MC to see if she knows of other places....... http://www.pollyesthers.com/code/cities/city.cfm?loc=4 Hope that helps!! Dianna
cappymoon
on 1/31/06 12:33 am - Northern, VA
Ok, I just looked it up, and it is a 23 minute ride from King St Metro to Metro Center, not too bad......That sounds like fun, I might get Natalie up here for that! LOL, Let me know, and Heather should let us know if she knows of another place.....How many people can they reserve for dinner?
shoutjoy
on 1/31/06 12:27 am - Culpeper, VA
Put me down as a possiblility. I will know closer to that time.
Susan E.
on 1/31/06 7:03 am - Purcellville, VA
Gosh darn it, This sounds right up my alley. Grrrrrrrrrr I will be in Florida. Have to miss another fun time. Will miss you guys. Susan
cappymoon
on 2/2/06 7:51 am - Northern, VA
Hey Susan...... Pick a date in Late March for a get together, I will be ready for one by then, and you can help me set it up, and we can go back to Pollys after dinner We need to go out again SOON!! You were a BLAST in Richmond, and I REFUSE to wait till June to get you back out!! Lemme know something!! Dianna
(deactivated member)
on 1/31/06 8:40 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Kathie , Count me in ... I got some mean shopping to do that day at TYSONS .. right Dianna ? Can not wait to see you all again ! Hugs, Nat
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views