Going stir-crazy!!

ElizabethC
on 1/29/06 10:05 am - Wirtz, VA
AUGH!!! Why, why, WHY did I elect to wait until late March for my surgery?!?! Oh yes, I remember the reasons, but darnit I wish the days would go by faster!! I feel like I'm on a teeter-totter on the up side, hanging in mid-air, waiting anxiously for my turn to finally come down. I'm working on losing some weight and keeping busy with life stuff, but all I can think about is THE DATE!!! I was looking for something to wear around the house after church today, and saw a Christmas theme t-shirt in the closet. I thought "it ain't Christmas, goofy", and then I realised "you won't be able to wear this anymore come next Christmas!" So, I went ahead and put it on...may as well wear it out now!! I'm still having anxiety attacks that I don't have all the info I need to be ready for what comes post-op, wish I had a checklist to help out!!! Okay, enough ranting and rambling, just needed to vent some. Hugs! Elizabeth
aprilholt
on 1/29/06 10:21 am - hampton, va
I know you have heard it before ,but it is TRUE, time will go quickly. I started this journey October the 11th, and tomorrow is my surgery. Yep, at times it creeped by but mostly I can't believe in less than 12 hrs my surgery will be under way. In a lot of ways, I'd love to switch places with you ,lol Hang in there April surgery date TOMORROW !!!! EAAAAAAAAK !!!
elizabethc03
on 1/29/06 1:31 pm - Cypress, TX
Elizabeth, Trust me, the day will come faster than you think. And then you'll drive yourself crazy thinking about everything that can go wrong and questioning your decision like everyone else does. It's amazing the range of emotion that goes into this surgery. It is cool thought when you get to clean out your closet for the first time and have to throw out most of your wardrobe because it's "outgrown" you. I just did that the other day and I just grinned like an idiot the rest of the day. As far as a checklist here's what I did to get ready, hope it helps a little . 1.) Start adjusting your diet now...eliminate the need for caffeine and get off carbinated drinks. 2.) Start taking a daily multi, calcium and B-12. 3.) Start an exercise program you like and that you'll be able to do following surgery with a little modification. 4.) Start stocking up on post-surgery foods like soup, tuna, jello, etc. The first trip back to the grocery store was the hardest thing I've ever done because I almost started to buy off limit things out of habit. 5.) Get a medic alert bracelet. 6.) Stock up on protein samples, who knows what you'll like or even be in the mood for after surgery. 7.) Make goals for yourself that are realistic and healthy. For example one of my goals is to do a walkathon by one year out and be able to finish without dying right there at the finish line. 8.) Relax and enjoy life for a while . Liz
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views