Hey all you Losen Hot Mama's !!!

Ernurse323
on 1/29/06 12:04 am - Virginia Beach, VA
I just wanted to say that I have spent many hours reading everyone's profiles. You all really inspire me. Hopefully things will get moving this week for me. I go to Dr Clark's office tomorrow to take a computer test..Hopefully some paperwork will be sent to Tricare Standard..or whatever they need to do. I am sooooooooooo ready to take this leap. Cuz I wanna wear my sexy party dress and go out with you guys too !!!! Hugs, Dana
(deactivated member)
on 1/29/06 12:14 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
No no no, Dana!!! It says right here in the Weight Loss Handbook - Page 13, paragraph 3 .....if you go out PARTYING with us (old chicks) you are NOT allowed to wear anything sexy. Instead, you may choose from a tan, beige, or brown Tater sack, with matching shoes - of course! [we at least recognise the need for variety, hence the colors] Welcome to the VA-Board!! We can never have enough friends in this struggle to get healthy and stay thin - strength in numbers, ya' know? Hey? It looks like you're a local too - im also in VaBeach. Hubby and I are supposed to be in route to the boardwalk to go biking - but we're both starting to wimper about the cold. LOL, okay - me MORE so then him, but it still merits the same conclusion. I betcha we go shopping instead!! Have a great Sunday - nice to meetcha' - oh, and KEEP POSTING! Hugs - Lei
Ernurse323
on 1/30/06 3:34 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Ho Lei, Nice meeting you too . Yes, I am i va Beach..just a bike ride away from it actually. I mean..a bike ride away if you are in good shape. LOL !!! Hugs, Dana
(deactivated member)
on 1/29/06 12:36 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hey Dana, I too go to Dr Clark's office, but I am using Dr Terracinia for my surgeon. The ladies in the office are so nice. I took my computer test and had my psyc eval on Jan 11th. They put in for the ins approval. Now I just wait. Waiting is the hardest. Hopefully Tricare moves faster than Empireblue. They told me it could take up to 2 months for an approval. Well, we are both on our way to a healthy new us. Maybe I will see you at the support group. I am not sure when they meet, but I know I have to go to one before the surgery. Take it easy. Corinn
(deactivated member)
on 1/29/06 12:58 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Dana , WOW ... get ready to live again .. is all I can tell you . There are so many inspirational people here ... and such love . This board is so supportive and caring . Just know that I respect you and love you .. yea you do not know me right .. but anyone that has the courage to look at obesity and tackle it with this life saving surgery - gets nothing but love and respect from me . Please continue to post and keep us updated . We are your family and will support you . Will this be easy .. my answer is no . This is harder than any diet you have ever tried .. it is your new tool . But it works as you can see !!! Let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you in your journey .. and I look forward to meeting you one day . Love , TiNk
Ernurse323
on 1/30/06 3:43 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Awwwwwww !! Thanks for those kind words. You truly are a Tinkerbell !!! I am sure I will be asking you about your weight loss tips. I read one of your posts where you told someone that they needed to keep their PRO up to 120gms a day to lose weight. I still haven't gone to the nutrition class for Dr Clark..but the book I have from PNH says 50-60. That doesn't even seem to be enough for wound healing..but I am not sure. You guys who have gone through this are the experts !! I struggle to lose because of severe, hard to control hypothyroidism topped off with a sweettoothaholicism ( If that isn't a word we need to make it one !!! ) So I look forward to getting some suggestions from the Pros here. Hugs back at ya !!! Dana
wanda
on 1/29/06 2:55 am
Welcome Dana! Best wishes with your initial visit tomorrow. This will be one of the best decisions you've ever made in your life! Smiles, Wanda
Ernurse323
on 1/30/06 3:45 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks Wanda !!! I am sure it will be also..Unless I am in that 1% range. Hugs, Dana
cappymoon
on 1/29/06 4:10 am - Northern, VA
Welcome Dana and congratulations on taking your life back!! This surgery is nothing short of amazing, if you work with your tool correctly! Dont be a stranger, you will have a thousand questions throughout your journey, and we are all here for you!! Dianna
Susan E.
on 1/29/06 9:29 am - Purcellville, VA
Welcome aboard. Always happy to have another one join the gang. Good Luck with your appt. Keep us posted. Susan
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views