My surgery story

cpatters
on 1/28/06 7:47 am - Rockingham County, VA
Hello all, I am back from the hospital..a little bit of a bumpy road, but I am back. I went into the hospital on monday morning 23rd. had my surgery and back to my room around 3pm. I felt like a locamotive had ran me over. I could not eat or drink although, I did let some ice melt in my mouth. I did get up and walk around the halls a few times. The whole time I felt so much pressure and felt awfully nauseated. I started vomiting blood up and things went slowly down hill. I ended up having to have a second surgery on Tuesusay to releive a 7-8 inch blockage in my instestine. It was done lap also, but I ended up with a drainage tube. (g tube) I still feel loads of pressure and the tube is smelly and gross. But I am home, I am walking around and playing each day as it comes around. Thanks for all of your support. hugs to all, CMP
Ernurse323
on 1/28/06 8:20 am - Virginia Beach, VA
OMG...How horrible. I am sorry that happened to you. Why did you get the blockage? Did the doc say? That is aweful. I hate G-tubes. I know there are worse things in this world..but I do not like them. Do we all have to get them with surgery? Why not justa good ol drain? Please take care of yourself. If you feel the slightest unease with anything..call the doctor or go to the ER. That is the nurse, mommy, and potential WLS patient speaking to you all in one. I will be thinking and praying positive,healing, thoughts for you. : - ) Dana
Kennie29
on 1/28/06 9:48 am - Chesapeake, VA
Oh my goodness, I hope that you start to feel better. I just sent a prayer your way, I hope that u feel better! Hugs, Kennie
TammyNVA
on 1/28/06 8:05 pm - Chesterfield, VA
I'm so glad you are home and praying for your smooth recovery. Take care and keep us posted Hugs, Tammy
Shanana
on 1/28/06 8:19 pm - Altavista, VA
Sorry you are having problems. Glad you were in good hands in time of trouble. Cant wait to meet you in Charlottesville. It will get better every day. Keep us updated on your progress. Shannon
(deactivated member)
on 1/29/06 2:51 am
I am sorry you experienced a problem. Take each day as it comes and take it easy. I am with the other post call your doctor right away if you expereince any other problems. I will pray for you that you get well soon. Dee
Ms Court
on 1/29/06 10:53 pm - Remington, VA
Sorry to hear you have had a rough time. Wishes for healing coming your way. Courtney 8 1/2 weeks out - 43 lbs
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views