TammyNVA
on 1/28/06 7:45 pm - Chesterfield, VA
KATHY!! You are such an inspiration!!! I have NEVER been able to run in my life, but I've always been obese. I'm working on walking now... maybe someday I, too, will run. I played the Melissa Etheridge video from your link and sat here with tears running down my face. What a wonderful performance! I mentioned to you after your sister's diagnosis (whom I'm still praying for) that my dad was diagnoses with prostate cancer earlier this month. Well, tragically or miraculously, both his brothers have also been diagnosed with the same cancer. WHEW! Prognonsis is good for all, although my dad's younger brother's cancer was a little worse than his. Talk about a time to put your life into perspective!! Love ya, Tammy
(deactivated member)
on 1/28/06 8:20 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Ok you are teasing me here with the VA Beach run in August .. I need something to work towards . I like you, run on the treadmill too .. and I am right where you are . about a 30 minute 3 mile . I find my knees begin to hurt if I pu**** .. I would love to do a marathon .. or atleast try .. Lemme know if you decide to do it .. it would be fun .. Oh and I am preparing again this year to fully run the ASBS walk . Congrats gurly .. sounds like you is da runner ! Love ya .. Nat
Sporty Jill
on 1/28/06 8:51 pm - Norfolk, VA
Kathy- That's awesome! Hubby bought me a new treadmill yesterday (mine broke) and my goal is to get to were I can run on it. Right now, I am doing 3.5 mph for 25 minutes (of my 45 minutes). Way to go! Jill 263/206/145
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views