Help, I'm stuck!!!

Grey_Goose
on 1/27/06 5:24 pm - Haymarket, VA
LB, Remember the words on the Hithchikers Guide to the Universe: Don't Panic. ==> Focus on the basics: water, the source of all life. Stay hydrated-drink it all day long and track how much you are taking in. protein, ditto. vitamins, have 'em, take 'em. Sleep~your body needs eight hours, it recharges the brain and the soul. No~no's-- alcohol it robs your body of hard earned hydration Oh yeah, give yourself some credit and take pride in how far you already have come. Not your mother, just a friend who cares Kelly
(deactivated member)
on 1/27/06 7:34 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Lacey ~ Yep - I think all post-ops will attest, plateau's suck, but it's just part of the ride (journey). It's like getting in a car and driving to Disney Land - the drive (plateau) isn't nearly as fun as the amusement rides (rapid weight loss) but to accomplish one, you HAVE to make it through the other. A few things that always rang true for me while losing my weight (or breaking stalls) was keeping my protein levels ABOVE my carb levels. It never bought the no carbs/low carbs aspect. lol, heck no. *MY* personal belief is that *my* body needed/needs a good balance and blend of everything. Abstinence is NOT always the right way. I didn't think my body should be deprived in any extreme, whether it's carbs, fats, proteins etc. Lot's of people believe in the "all or nothing" bandwagon (and for some that's all that works). For me, my body and my metabolism, it didn't make sense, so I opted to sit that ride out. My ENTIRE 20 months of weight loss, I kept my average carbs at a 100 or less, and I always made sure my protein topped my carbs, for the day. Even if only by 1 digit, ie.. carbs 100, protein 101. I honestly don't remember my exact numbers earlier post op. It's safe to say, I could not EAT that much carbs or proteins early out. But the concept stands true, Ive always kept my protein above my carbs, even back then, regardless of the volume. I also drink a minimum of 100 ounces of water a day. ...by that, I mean pure H20. Yes, I still have other things, like coffee, but NONE of those "other liquids" are included in my 100 oz of water. One thing Ive noticed? Recently, I stopped drinking my H20 as faithfully vs the previous 2 years. No excuses, I just got lazy about it. Well, it's more then just DEHYDRATED me, it's also showing up on my scales in poundage. The great thing about this weight loss journey? It's not a guarded secret that only the elite few are privy too. It's very simplistic - stay hydrated, heck, flooded even - water helps to flush the fat out of our system. Protein first, then veggies, fruits, fats. As much as I hate being dictated (by my mind) the ORDER that I must eat my food (it's the rebel in me) I know for a fact, when I follow the guidlines, it WORKS!!! May not be immediate gratification, but as long as Im honest with myself and my body, it WILL work in time. Weight loss surgery still succeeds based on the OLD adage of "calories IN - vs - calories OUT". Although the surgery plays a major role in controlling how much we can actually put IN our pouches (thank goodness) it still does not deviate from the simple/general rule of losing or gaining weight. If your body, this newly postop is refusing to give up the pounds and you're doing everything right, then it's most likely in the recoup/regroup stages. It could also be as simple as it's adjusted to the new ROUTINE you've created for it. Maybe if you try mixing the daily routine up a bit? If your average intake a day is a 1000 calories, then do 800 one day, and 1200 another, 900 the third, 1100 next, etc. Keep your body guessing!!! Although the totals adjust daily, it still averages out to a 1000 calories a day. By adjusting my daily caloric count, it kept MY body from becoming complacent. You're doing great and it WILL start to decline again. We've put our bodies through hell with this surgery, it's allowed to have a few 'time out' moments along the way. That being said, I understand the aggra that comes with those stupid-dumb-evil-time-outs!! Hugs ~ Lei (who's NOT gonna proof read this, hope it makes sense)
Judy B.
on 1/27/06 10:40 pm - Marion, VA
Hi Lei I always love reading your posts! They make so much sense to me and gives me hope every time i read what you have to say. I just wanna say thank you for all you share. Hugs JudyB
(deactivated member)
on 1/28/06 11:12 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Aaaw - thanks Judy - that's very sweet of you to say! I ENJOY 'sharing' my thoughts with others because it not only helps them (hopefully) but it helps ME too. Trust me, this is a give and take, kinda relationship. When I offer opinions or advice, it also helps to keep me GROUNDED, reinforces what *I* need to be doing ... and it keeps me focused. Im a FIRM believer the hardest part of this weight loss journey is NOT losing the weight, it's the maintenance stages once the weight is gone. Since that's a LIFETIME commitment, it looks like I'll be around the boards, sharing and learning, for a very long time. Have a great Sunday - and thanks again - hugs, Lei
Sporty Jill
on 1/27/06 11:29 pm - Norfolk, VA
Lei- 1st off - I've missed ya! Glad to see you are back. Your post makes perfect sense. Thanks for giving us your vast experience and knowledge - it truely helps! Jill 263/206/145
(deactivated member)
on 1/28/06 11:18 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Jill!! Aaaaw - thanks sweet lady, Ive missed YOU too. Uh, now that your cute butt is living on the EAST coast, vs the WEST coast, when are we going to get together? hmmm? LOL - trust me there is NOTHING vast about my knowledge and there are many that would disagree with some of the things I share. What's important is that it WORKED for me and hopefully, by sharing, it will help others "fine tune" a life long program that works for them. Hope you're having a 'wunnerful Sunday? Paul and I are about to take the bikes up to the boardwalk and try to get some exercise in -- er, wait, we don't use the "E" word around my brain. Change that to ... "we're about to get some PLAYING in" .... Hugs - Lei
(deactivated member)
on 1/27/06 11:34 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Hey Lacy, first let me tell you what I haven't gotten to tell you -- you are beautiful!! And so much fun to be around. I am so glad I got to meet you last weekend. Lacy Blu - you should be a stripper (well maybe you are, who knows -- but what a great name!!). I hate stalls, they just remind me of my old dieting days. The difference is, this is truly just a 'pause' -- you will (if you haven't already) break that and be on the way again. I can't give you any better advice than the experts, Natalie and Leilani!! I can just tell you that you are doing great and not to beat yourself up!! You looked beautfiul last week!! love donna
LB
on 1/29/06 5:53 am - Northern, VA
Guys, thanks for all your responses! Nat- I'm only getting about 75 grams of protein in a day, so I think I'll up that and start concentrating on my water again. Court - You're right...hopefully some of it is my circuit training. Kelly - You know me too well! I do need to lay off the liquor. Lei - Thanks for all your advice! You are wonderful! Donna - It was a pleasure meeting you as well! You look wonderful!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views