Help, I'm stuck!!!

LB
on 1/27/06 2:22 am - Northern, VA
Hey, guys! I think I'm probably the 8 millionth person to post this, but I feel like I've stopped losing weight! Everyone talks about plateaus and stalls, but how long do they last? I haven't really lost any weight since right after Christmas and this is really freaking me out. I had surgery on October 14 so I'm just over 3 months out. I'm at about 51 lbs down and that hasn't changed since Christmas. Seriously, shouldn't I still be losing? Shouldn't I still be enjoying my "honeymoon phase"? Ugh! I'm so frustrated I want to pull my hair out...well, the hair that isn't falling out I want to pull out! All the over-dramatic fears are running through my head...like, did i stretch out my pouch too much? Did I stretch the little tube? Did I totally screw up my pouch???
Kathy & Rich
on 1/27/06 2:27 am - Fairfax, VA
Just keep doing what you are doing. Many folks get stalls along the journey. Some at 3 weeks, then 3 months, etc. Your body is catching up with itself! That's all. Just make sure you are getting enough water, protein, vitamins and exercise and the weight loss will come eventually. Patience is very hard at this point. I feel your pain! Kathy (who is bouncing up and down the scale like a yo-yo)
Ms Court
on 1/27/06 2:43 am - Remington, VA
Hey girl. I am so not looking forward to when I hit my first stall. I have heard of a lot of people getting into a stall that last 3-6 weeks. Advice to them was to up protein and water, cut carbs. Also remember that you work out a lot and could be really building muscle right now so the weight isn't changing. Have you checked your inches? If your sizes are still dropping then the fat is melting but the weight isn't changing because of the stall. Keep your chin up because it will start again soon. Courtney 8 weeks out - 42 lbs
Kathy & Rich
on 1/27/06 2:47 am - Fairfax, VA
Hey, Courtney! That's where I'm at now. I'm actually up 4 pounds and back to what I weighed around Christmas dammit. But what I'm doing differently is working out. I seriously doubt I've gained 4 pounds of muscle in two weeks but I think that I have fatigued the muscles enough that they are retaining water. I did break out the tape measure last night and there are some subtle differences already and I'll take that over the scale number anyday (or so I say...lol!) And the scale does body fat percentage and I've seen it go down by 1.5% in the past two weeks so I can see enough good stuff going on to deal with the +4 lbs. Kathy
Ms Court
on 1/27/06 3:35 am - Remington, VA
Way to go Kathy. I have started water aerobics (three weeks now) and I can definitely feel it. C
Kathy & Rich
on 1/27/06 3:38 am - Fairfax, VA
Excellent! I've been runnning 6 miles a week (2 miles 3 times per week) and doing upper body weight work and crunches. I'm avoiding lower body weight work due to my back surgery last year. Hopefully I'll be able to work up to that but I'm being very cautious on that for now. A new gym membership is definitely getting good use. Wish I worked out earlier but medical stuff kept getting in my way. I hate when that happens! You are doing fabulous, ya know that? Kathy
Ms Court
on 1/27/06 3:46 am - Remington, VA
Thanks, I needed that. It has been a rough week. C
Kathy & Rich
on 1/27/06 3:55 am - Fairfax, VA
Glad to help! We were actually discussing you on Saturday evening in Richmond. Just saying how you are right on the verge of just blossoming from this surgery if you know what we mean. Those that have been there know. There is just the point where you finally really see and really feel the loss. You are almost there, hon, you really are! We can see it. That plus your upbeat and charming personality (and your ability to boogie with the best of them, of course) will take you so many places in this life! Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 1/27/06 5:18 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
LB .. can I ask you what your protein levels are daily ... For those that know me .. know that my weight loss was fast .. sometimes faster than I wanted .. LOL .. cuz I am done .. but I can tell you that when you reach a plat or stall .. you need to sometimes stand back and look at what you are doing .. 1. Is your protein up ...? I kept mine at 120 grams .. and still do .. but for most that is a struggle .. but upping the protien at where you are now will only increase your motabolism ... 2. What type of exersise are you doing .. sometimes your body gets used to the same ole pattern .. change up .. if you are walking .. try areobics .. if you are doing cardio .. try walking .. suprise your body and it will suprise you ! 3. Are you drinking enough water ? Water helps to speed up that motab and gets things moving .. These are just a few hints I can share .. I wish you nothing but success .. and know that this is a lifestyle for life . Hugs . Tink !
lawoman
on 1/27/06 5:37 am - Hellertown, PA
I think you are just hitting a dreaded plateau. take a step back, a deep breath and figure out whats going wrong. Most people increase their water and protein, exercise more and they usually start losing again. I have found with me thats its carbs and too much alcohol that makes me keep the weight on. Take care and hang in there! Leigh Ann
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views