Putting It Into Perspective

Sporty Jill
on 1/26/06 8:35 pm - Norfolk, VA
Wow - three months out and what a ride so far. Yesterday was my 3 month check-up (actually 3 1/2 months), and I walked in a bit bummed knowing that I had only lost 10 pounds since my last visit last month (I know - I know). But, I began to reflect............ my goal was 10 pounds a month, so, I met my goal. I feel SO much better than I did last month, so something is going right. BUT, the Nut. made me put it all into perspective and that's really when it hit. I started in Oct '05 at: 69.2% Body Fat 179 pounds of body fat 89 pounds of muscle Yesterday............ 49.5% body Fat 104 pounds of body fat 105 pounds of muscle She said that at about 3 months they see people losing fat and muscle at the same time. Which means that I am exercising and getting in my protein like I am suppose to. After seeing the process this way, it's hard to be bummed over a 10 pound loss....isn't it! Must get back to work - have a great day all! Jill 263/206/145
(deactivated member)
on 1/26/06 10:16 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Jill - You've got the RIGHT mindset to be a long term success!! Too many people set expectations based on hopes and dreams, the biggest problem with that (although I think EVERYONE should set goals) is that your BODY doesn't read or follow anyones game plan (including yours) but it's own. You're doing FANTASTIC as you already know Jill - and yes, 10 lbs in a month is awesome and should never be downplayed as anything else. [sigh] what I'd give to lose 10 lbs this month. lol, wonder what a used but cute hubby would go for? Congrats to you on ALL your successes - hugs, Lei
Sporty Jill
on 1/26/06 10:56 pm - Norfolk, VA
Thanks Lei- That means ALOT to me, as you have been very inspirational and helpful to me. Thanks! Jill 263/206/145
Ms Court
on 1/26/06 10:24 pm - Remington, VA
Jill, congrats on you loss and successes. You are doing so great. Keep it up. Courtney 8 weeks - 42 lbs
cappymoon
on 1/27/06 12:01 am - Northern, VA
Jill, you are moving along wonderful!! Those numbers are impressive, and you have every right to be proud! So, you have lost 57lbs in 3 months? That number in itself is very impressive, and combining it with Lbs of muscle? Yeah, you go Jill! Continued best wishes and luck on your journey! Dianna
Jen_G
on 1/27/06 12:05 am - in, VA
Jill you are doing great! That is a great perspective to have. Sometimes we get so tied to whats happening on the scale we forget to think about all the other changes that are happening to us. Jen
Sporty Jill
on 1/27/06 12:35 am - Norfolk, VA
That was the point - I wasn "bummed" until the Nut. made me step away from the scale and look at the bigger picture. And it was truely an awesome picture to see. Jill 263/206/145
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views