HB625 - What does the website mean...

Kathy & Rich
on 1/26/06 6:09 am - Fairfax, VA
when it says it is "Tabled in Commerce and Labor"? I went to the Virginia Legislature. Looks like the vote was 14 Yeas and 7 Nays. But the status says "Tabled in Commerce and Labor". What's up with that? Can someone translate it into English? :shrug" Kathy
Dave
on 1/26/06 6:23 am - Palmyra, VA
Tabled means DEAD. It can be brought back up but not likely. It will have to come back up next year. Afraid the insurance industry puts too much money into some pockets to not go down in this without a very difficult fight. Dave
Kathy & Rich
on 1/26/06 6:28 am - Fairfax, VA
Shoot. And that's not the word I actually said... Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 1/26/06 9:06 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
It was an insult today .. to hear a woman state that there was not enough data to prove that the surgery saved lives .. and what the long term cost would be >>>>>??? I am so fuming mad .. I just thank God I have had my surgery .and I feel for those that need it and won't be able to get it . There were a couple of people from the Va Boards today .. but even if we had showed up with 200 .. it would not have mattered . it is all about the money .. and not about saving lives anymore .. I am discusted .. to say the least .. But thanks David - Pal for having lunch w me today prior .. the only good thing out of the day . Nat
David@Goal
on 1/26/06 12:21 pm - VA
Hey- my pleasure eating amazing Italian food with a beautiful woman! Now- as far as the tabled bill goes - Yeah - that totally blew- I was disgusted...what a shame. David
nitengale
on 1/26/06 1:10 pm - Leesburg, VA
RNY on 09/14/04 with
It didn't help public opinion either when Rhonda Britton on Starting Over said today that Gastric Bypass kills people. I wanted to strangle her. What timing.
(deactivated member)
on 1/26/06 5:07 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Wanda , I guess what we need to do is give them the data . This weekend I am sittting down and compiling all the meds I was on .. the cost each month .. and x that by 40 years .. cuz God willing .. I will be around that long .. I am going to draft a letter and send it to her .. then when we go back I would challenge her .. no it wont be VA Med data .. like they had there .. where in the hell did they get those #s .. that surgery cost 68,000 $$$ .. insane .. The saddest part is that it all came down to saving CORPROATE ass the money .. yea I am a little ticked about this .. It just pained me to see men get up there and talk about how much money it may cost them ... what about the health of there people .. 6 $ extra per person is what it would cost .. Good Lord .. they could cover that by getting rid of some of the paperclips that lay around offices that never get used . Hugs .. Nat
stayceX
on 1/26/06 7:27 pm - Baltimore, MD
Nat - That is great you are working on it still. Any chance they can let some post ops testify?Did they let them testify? Also, have any of you tried to network with other grassroots organizations in other states that have mandated insurance cover gastric bypass like Maryland?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views