Surgery date moved!

Julie R.
on 1/26/06 3:50 am - Belspring, VA
Well, I just returned from my pre-op visit with Dr. Lucktong and was informed that my surgery date had been moved from February 8th to February 20th. He will be going out of town a couple of days after my originally scheduled surgery and preferred to have my surgery after he returns in case there are any complications. I completely concur, but it is frustrating! My projects at work have been distributed. Ken & Mom had their work schedules adjusted. All of the paperwork has been turned in for my short term disability. To top it all off, I was psyched & ready to go!!! Hopefully, you will all be able to keep me psyched for surgery On the otherhand, I can finish planning our Connection Reception (for employers participating in our job fair), although I won't be able to participate as it is the evening of February 20th. It also works out better for my Mom. She already has the 20th & 21st off. If she can't exchange the next two days with someone at work, she will just take them off. Then the next 4 days she is scheduled off (perk of 12 hour shifts). If I still had the 8th for surgery, she would only be able to take 4 days total. Looks like I will get my personal nurse for the week afterall and my husband is looking forward to having her around to cook. All in all, it isn't too bad. I'm just the type of person who when I figure out what I want, I want to go about getting it taken care of now Best wishes! Julie
Dave
on 1/26/06 6:17 am - Palmyra, VA
Julie: Sorry about that but it gives you more time to prepare and be ready for the ride of your life! You have plenty of time to get things right again and still enjoy the knowledge that your surgeon will be available should you need it following surgery. Keep your chin up! Dave
ElizabethC
on 1/26/06 11:41 am - Wirtz, VA
Oh gosh, Julie!!! So sorry to hear they moved your date You know how fast time has gone by so far though, and I bet the next few weeks fly by too! Hang in there, it's gonna be worth it!! Hugs, Elizabeth
kizie23
on 1/26/06 12:06 pm - blacksburg, VA
Julie, I am so sorry to hear about your surgery date. I know how upset you must be. Try to remember that everything always happens for a reason. HUGGSS to you, Melissa
Kennie29
on 1/26/06 1:28 pm - Chesapeake, VA
That sucks, but at least it is not a long time from now!!!!! Good luck girl!!! Hugs, Kennie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views