Been a very long day........

Betsy Anitahug
on 1/25/06 10:54 am - Danville, VA
Hi my sweet WLS friends and angels.....I just got back from Roanoke and what a day....Went to my brothers and picked up my very neglected car (have to use a butter knife to change the gears...long story) then I went to the doctor and Thank God, I had my "G" tube removed...ouch. I can now have all foods except rice, potatoes, pasta, and bread. I have officially lost by his scales, 38 pounds but not yet below 200....soon though...then I went to visit with my oldest son, Brian and his fiancee, Brandie....I am pooped....Had a wonderful visit but I am so exhausted. Going to bed early as I am moving Friday and Saturday....Thank God.... Hugs to all Betsy
jilldennis
on 1/25/06 11:14 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi, Betsy - Please don't over do!!! I wished I lived closer...and Jon and I would help you move! Please e-mail when you have a new phone number! Miss you bunches! Hugs! Jill PS-I am sooo glad you got that tube out!!!!
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/25/06 11:33 am - Danville, VA
I wish you lived closer too....I sure could use all the help I can get...right now I have my friend, 68 year old Ella who can outdo me anyday, her friend and hopefully the man acrossed the street. I hope to have it all out of here by friday night. Will let you know when I get a phone...and a computer. I will have to go to the library to post and they have a 15 minute limit. What a bummer. I am really going to miss being on the puter. Oh well, a phone is more important right now. I got my car back from my brother and now I have that to worry about...need tires, brakes and I have to change gears with a butter knife and that is really hard for me...I don't have the strength to push the knife in far enough. Other than that for a '94 Pontiac with only 125000 miles it runs good...none of the electric windows work and no heat....I dread the summer months with no air and not being able to use the windows but I will cross that bridge when I get to summer. Needs an inspection sticker in March so keep your prayers coming my way...hehe...My address is 202 Charlotte Ave, Danville, Va 24541...would love snail mail. My new life will begin on Friday....a nice peaceful home. My oldest son and his fiancee gave me a beautiful porcilan doll, who is a butterfly sitting on a swing with flowers up the ropes..it is beautiful..I will have lots of angels and butterflies watching over me. I can't wait .... hope I am ready for March...might still have boxes all over but we can still have fun. Hugs, Betsy
ElizabethC
on 1/25/06 8:01 pm - Wirtz, VA
Hi Betsy! I'm sorry if I've flooded your email...I thought you'd already completed the move and were settled in! You really amaze me...having to deal with all this moving stuff along with adjusting to all the post-op changes is enough to drive anyone mad, but you keep on keepin' on!!! Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help. Hugs! Elizabeth
Susan E.
on 1/25/06 8:08 pm - Purcellville, VA
Hey Miss Betsy, I am sooooooooo glad you got that tube out. Was it still red and swollen? I bet you feel so much better just with that out alone. Hopefully your car situation will improve by summer. One day at a time. Keep you chin up, you are doing well and things have a way of working out. You just gotta trust. Becareful moving this weekend. Let people help you. Miss you honey, Susan
(deactivated member)
on 1/25/06 8:17 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Betsy - I'm so happy to hear the stupid-dumb-evil TUBE is now out. Yikes, I can't believe they left yours in that long?!? lol, I was fortunate, never had any tubes during my RNY, but, Ive had a ton'a them with my plastic surgeries, so I know the discomfort you speak of. Isn't it amazing how just having the tubes out can make you feel a 100 times better, IMMEDIATELY?!? That being said - don't take that second wind of energy and life overboard. You might "feel" better, but your body is still in the recovering stages of major surgery. Take it easy take it slow. Hey? Do you have family (son and daughter) and their perspective mates coming by to HELP you move on Friday? I hope so!!! This is NOT something you should be doing on your own, heck, the truth be known, you should be sitting in a comfy chair and DIRECTING traffic as they load and unload the trucks. Oh - and this "butter knife" thingie, with the car? IS IT SAFE TO DRIVE!?! Please make sure you're not putting your life at risk when you're riding around town, okay? Paul's pretty good at the "grease monkey" stuff, he loves working on cars, I'll have to ask him if he knows anything about the gears and shifting. Just be SAFE and wear a seat belt at ALL times! Hugs - Lei
Shanana
on 1/25/06 8:38 pm - Altavista, VA
Hey Betsy!! Glad that tube came out. Sent you email. Need specifics on the car. Maybe my grease monkey hubby can help you out some. We both have to work Friday and Saturday or we could help. Hope you get some rest today. Shannon
(deactivated member)
on 1/25/06 8:53 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Oh Betsy, I wish I lived closer to you so I could help you. And also, just so we could become close girlfriends!! Please take it easy, don't overdo!! Remember you're still real close to your surgery date. You know Betsy, for me (I'm older, remember!!) it took me almost seven weeks to sort of emerge again! I was a real slug for the first 7 weeks, so your feelings of exhaustion are totally normal. Take naps, honey. love donna
prissy25
on 1/26/06 1:05 am - Barboursville, VA
Betsy huray for the removal of that tube. I pray I can get mine out on the 9th, Im sick of it an it is a aggravation now. So please pray for me on the 9th. I have to eat 3 meals a day for a week an show I did but its hard its too much I tried the other day an was miserable so I can only hope and pray. I also wanna wish you all the best on your move, I know when I moved to a new city no job one friend i was scared to death an hour away from my family, but been here 10 years and was glad I didnt have to see the ex wasnt here long an became settled w/ my own place an job then a new man who Im still with. Keep the courage sweetie God is on your side and it looks like you have lots of friends. Becareful and dont over do it. Hugsss hurry back soon.
Chyanne2u
on 1/26/06 6:01 am - Kings Mountain, NC
Hello Sweet Sweet Betsy, First I am so glad you are moving and getting away from that tryrant you had to call a husband. Enough said about that....second I am so happy you got your tube out. I can't speak from experience because I've never had a tube. The only stomach surgery I've ever had was gall bladder and it was nothing. Surgery at 11 am and home at 5 pm. How's that for drive through surgery....LOL Please don't over do it this weekend. You don't want to undo all the progress you've made thus far. Take it easy and try to let others do this for you. I know what a wonderful person you are and how helpful you are to others. Please take my advice as well as that of the other who have replied to your post. I am going to miss you so very much and I hope and pray that you get a computer soon. Heck, if I hear of anything I will let you know. Even if you don't get a top of the line machine........right now anything will be better than nothing. There's a computer store here in Colonial Heights that has a sign up saying Computer complete......$175.00 Probably not the best thing in the world but surely it's better than nothing. Honey, you are in my thoughts but more so in my prayers. May God deliver you from all the unfairness that you've suffered through in your life. You deserve so much better and He can bring you through. Hold on to your FAITH in God and know that if He brings you to it He will bring you through it. I love you and I hope you know how much everyone on this board supports you and wants only good things for you. You have us as your adopted family. Hugs & Kisses Kathy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views