PROTEIN QUESTION.

cheryl_jagow
on 1/25/06 12:54 am - CHESAPEAKE, VA
IS THERE A PROTEIN PILL THAT WLS PATIENTS CAN TAKE THAT ISN'T HARMFUL TO THE POUCH AND WILL BE ABLE TO BE DIGESTED AND GET THE FULL BENEFIT FROM IT?
(deactivated member)
on 1/25/06 2:07 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
No . There is no pill . Sorry .
abenkamsal
on 1/25/06 6:11 am - Martinsburg, WV
There is a liquid and you can purchase it from GNC. It is fruit flavor and you just take 3T.
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/25/06 11:45 am - Danville, VA
Cheryl...Portein is the hardest thing for me..right now, I need to go make one...it fills me up so much and I haven't found one that I truely love. I received some wonderful samples and some that people didnt like at the conference and am anxious to try them. We have to get this in everyday. Hugs a bunch. betsy
(deactivated member)
on 1/25/06 8:55 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello Cheryl - YES, Protein pills/capsules DO exist. The biggest problem with them, or at least the things I've "read" because Ive never tried them, is that you have to take SO many of 'em. If you do a google.com or a dogpile.com search with the words "Protein Pill" or "Protein Capsule" you'll find a gazillion and one hits and can start clicking and reading up on it. This is one of the first links I looked at: http://www.trulyhuge.com/nitrobol.htm In this article/ad they are promoting protein capsules to the body builders - encouraging them to take a MINIMUM of 20 a day, 10 before each work out and then at least 10 more before they go to bed. I suspect us gastric bypass peeps would have to take double the recommended dose, since we malabsorb. Granted that's ALL speculation on my part - but every site I clicked on suggested a huge amount of pills be taken. Considering the "healthy" amounts/ranges your doctor is going to suggest you stay within ****ep mine at a 100 a day) we'd be popping pills 24/7 - so it's just not the best way to get it in. I already pop about 20 types of pills/vitamins, daily as it is, there is NO way I want to take my protien that way too. Good luck to you - Lei
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views