PLEASE SHOW UP THURSDAY!!!! IMPORTANT!!!

David@Goal
on 1/25/06 12:29 am - VA
IF YOU PLAN TO SHOW UP - PLEASE LET ME KNOW AT [email protected] - THE HOSPITALS WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF SUPPORT TO EXPECT - IF YOU LIVE IN VIRGINIA - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE THIS AN IMPORTANT PART OF YOUR DAY THURDAY....DAVID Show Up to Support the Vote HB 624 is coming up for a committee vote this Thursday, January 26, at 1:30 p.m. at the General Assembly Building in downtown Richmond. Everyone is invited to attend the meeting and show support for the bill. We need everyone's help to get this passed! Bring your friends, family, and co-workers. Directions to the General Assembly Building and other important information may be found at the end of this e-mail. Details of HB 624 This bill will require insurance carriers to provide for coverage of the treatment of morbid obesity, including weight-loss surgery. The concise definition of the bill is as follows: HB 624 Health Insurance; mandated coverage for treatment of morbid obesity. Requires health insurers, health maintenance organizations, and corporations providing healthcare coverage subscription contracts, to provide coverage for the treatment of morbid obesity through recognized surgical procedures designed to produce weight loss in patients with morbid obesity if performed at a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence. Currently, these entities are required to offer and make available coverage for treatment of morbid obesity. The actual bill may be seen at http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?061+ful+HB624+pdf. Visit www.ObesityVote.com for more information! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call Becky Bowers-Lanier at 804.382.0991. Thanks for your continued support of ObesityVote.com. *You must have Adobe Acrobat to open this file. Click to get it now! See you on Thursday, Tamara P.S.: See below for directions to the General Assembly Building. ................................................................................................ Tamara W. Rigney, Executive Director ObesityVote.com~Exercise Your Voice! P. O. Box 854 Chesterfield, VA 23832 [email protected] www.obesityvote.com ................................................................................................ General Assembly Information Security Clearance Please bring a government picture ID (driver's license) with you to gain entrance to the General Assembly building and allow time to go through security. We are hoping to have a packed audience with bariatric surgery advocates, so please plan to attend. By your presence, we'll demonstrate to the Commission what bariatric surgery has meant (or will mean) to you. The General Assembly Building is not difficult to find, but parking and street repairs can make the drive and parking unpredictable. Give yourselves plenty of time. Below are the directions to the Building as well as parking lots in the vicinity. Directions to General Assembly Building Corner of 9th and Broad Streets Richmond, Virginia Directions from the North ? Take I-95 South ? Take 3rd Street exit and cross Broad Street ? Turn left onto Franklin Street and follow until it dead-ends ? Turn left onto 9th Street Directions from the South ? Take I-95 North ? Take I-195, Downtown Expressway ? Take Canal Street/9th Street exit ? Turn right onto 9th Street Directions from the East ? Take I-64 West ? Take 5th Street exit and cross Broad Street ? Turn left onto Franklin Street and follow until it dead-ends ? Turn left onto 9th Street Directions from the West ? Take I-64 East ? Take I-195, Downtown Expressway, through toll booth ? Take 7th/9th Street exit and go straight ? Turn left onto 9th Street Street Parking ? Metered parking on Broad, Grace, 8th, 12th and Bank Streets (two-hour limit; signs strictly enforced) Parking Lots and Decks ? St. Paul's Episcopal Church parking lot (8th Street between Grace and Franklin) ? 8th and Grace Street Parking lot ? Bank of America parking deck (12th and Cary Street) ? 14th and Cary Street parking lot
(deactivated member)
on 1/25/06 7:20 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
You and Me Baby ... Lunch and then we take on the G.A .. how cool is that !!!! This will be my second time before them .. and I have a feeling that we are going to be there in HIGH numbers .. VA speaks this Thursday .. Hugs, Nat
(deactivated member)
on 1/25/06 9:07 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Wish ya'll werent TWO hours away - I'd love to show up and be heard! Let us know how it goes when you get back, okay?
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views