To Kim B - you are beautiful inside....

sue_smith
on 1/23/06 12:31 pm - Warrenton, VA
and out!! I will admit...with much shame...that when I first saw you I thought "there is no freakin' way she was ever fat!!" You are beautiful and my insecurities came creeping in. BUT...very quickly your smile warmed me and your friendliness toward everyone was contagious. I came into the weekend feeling like an outsider but was quickly welcomed by everyone and I felt as if I belonged. When you spoke on Saturday during the Women's meeting I knew your words were genuine. You spoke about making the confirmation every day that we are beautiful. I realize that can be difficult, especially for those of us that have never felt that way, but you were sure of your commitment and I could feel it. So I want to Thank You...for sharing yourself with me and giving me so much to think about. You ARE beautiful both inside and out...and so am I. Sue Smith
David@Goal
on 1/23/06 8:08 pm - VA
Sue- I have been working on Kim for the past 14 months and I think I've about perfected her. When I met her she was...let's just say the Bride of Frankenstein looked good. She also spoke in some type of gibberish that was a cross between Vulcan and Valley Girl. And she had the style of Mary-Kate Olsen during the height of her bulimia days. I am a regular Henry Higgins I am! Clearly I am kidding (except the Valley Girl speak- that is true!) If anything, Kim has turned me around. I'm glad that so many people got the chance to share her beauty, wisdom and soul. That's why she's my Duckie David
Kim B
on 1/24/06 12:30 am - Twilight Zone
Oh Sue .... you have me a mess here .... thank you sweetheart .... and, please, I beg of you, ignore David. Being super morbidly obese had caused me to live in fear of living. Very common, I know, and part of what bonds us all. Fear is not an easy emotion to kick .... that is where methodically replacing those negatives with positives is crucial. It doesn't happen automatically when the fat is gone .... we all know we are body and we are souls. The body being fixed is certainly good for the soul - but it does not repair what is broken there. We have to figure out what is broken, and consciously work towards fixing it. That is why I babble to the windows of my soul in the mirror every day .... I am my own best company! Sue, please accept my gratitude for your post about me .... I learned so much from everyone there and will never stop looking toward my wls sisters and brothers for my life lessons .... and, yes, you most certainly are beautiful both inside and out. Don't ever forget. Kim
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views