So much

Kitty Kat
on 1/23/06 6:54 am - Richmond, VA
It is my turn to my thoughts on this past weekend. OMG! It was truly an amazing weekend. I must say I had a blast. Friday night was GREAT! I met Nic (Smu****) and her hubs CT and had my first Buffalo Wild Wings visit (not really impressed but the company was great). Left there for TC. I got to see many before leaving for Canal Club. Have to say we had a blast @ Canal Club. The bands were awesome and then we headed back to the hotel. I gave my Tink (Nat) a kiss as she'd gone to bed with just about everyone else they headed with my friend Tom to the hospitality suite. LMAO I insulted Keoni over a brown shoe that belonged to Nat (long story), had drinks (like I needed anymore), danced in the dark, talked smack and then got home sometime before 4 am. Wow! Slept for about 30 mins then was up and out the door. Sat morning I mustered up the energy to do registration. Everyone looked so amazing. I sat back people watching and it was sure nice to see everyone there and know their story and see their amazing transformation. I left around lunch time to have our daughter's 5th birthday party. It was great! My hubs and I returned that evening and I was so excited and nervous. It was another set of firsts. 1) Me in a gown lower than size 26-28, 2) hubs was in a suit and 3) we came together to something formal. I was so amazed at the compliments and thank yous and you're my inspiration messages I got. I was in awe of many of you. You and I may not know one another but your stories I continually keep up with. I felt like a princess at a ball and for once fit in with everyone else in the room. I have to say the most touching moments of the night came from watching the slide show. It was absolutely amazing and brought me to tears. I knew many of you BEFORE your surgeries and have watched you blossom into some of the most beautiful/gorgeous women/men I have seen in my life. I held my head up high and felt as if I could say and do anything. I danced and laughed and talked and felt so blessed to be in the presence of so many wonderful people. I got to talk to and meet some of the people I've only been able to read about and hear about. OMG! They are just as amazing in person as they are in spirit. It was sure a weekend to remember. David-you sir are an amazing man who brought us together and used your keen planning senses and resources and you made this so much more than we ever thought it could be. Thank you for the hug and pics together. I remember you from before your surgery. Our chats via IM and me assuring you weren't dying. To see your transformation is amazing. You are such a great man and many thanks to you. Nat-my beautiful Tink you are so beautiful and amazing and you really did such a wonderful job with the planning and execution of the events. You are such an amazing woman. I remember you from before your surgery and have watched you change and grow and am SO proud and happy to call you one of my best friends and many thanks to you. Di-my beautiful girl once again it was for sure a weekend to remember. Can you believe ours hubs actually came with and shared in our joys and tears with all we've been through? They are both so dam proud of us and we are thankful for them. I am so thankful I got to be with ya'll. Your hubs is such a sweetie...I got me a hug and a pic! Keith-gorgeous as usual...your lady friend was just as beautiful as her dress. I'm glad she could join you. Thanks for the hug and pic! You are such a trip. Hugs to you... Besty-my Bets...OMG you are so beautiful and radiated throughout the conference. You are such a beauty inside and out. How wonderful that you were with us and shared your smile and happiness with us. I am so glad I got to hug you. Lei-OMG I was going to hunt you down if I had to. I was NOT giving up until I met you and hugged you. It was such a pleasure to even be in your presence. I was in such awe and thought OMG I am actually hugging this woman standing right here in Tobacco Co. Ask anyone I was searching for you! I'm SO glad I found you. Thanks for having dinner with us and you are not only beautiful but such an amazing woman. Thank you for all you do to support others. Many thanks and you are a true inspiration. Your son is such a trip. I hope I made up for my "meaness" from Saturday night. He & I hugged and made up and he's truly a cutie. Lacey-it was nice meeting you. You're so much fun and I really enjoyed dancing and chatting and drinking together. You are fabulous! Courtney-wow! Your dress was so amazing not to mention you are absolutely beautiful. I love your limo you got into as well (LMAO - back of the golf cart) that was classic girl! Cathie-it was so nice to finally meet you. I wished we could have chatted more/longer. You are so beautiful and I want you to know I meant what I said about reading your "writings" and how much we could/can relate to one another. You looked absolutely fabulous as well. Wanda-sure was fun doing registration together. You are just funny and fubulous and beautiful all wrapped into one. Thanks for the laughs and chats. Nic/CT-was SO nice having dinner with ya'll @ Buffalo Wild Wings even if the service sucked eggs. Thanks! Nic you are SO beautiful! Sure wish you could have joined us for the conference but we'll take what we can get. Jill-you are so beautiful and I want to get me a tat! Yours are gorgeous. Hope your next one is awesome as the ones you already have. Was SO nice to see you again. Keep me posted on the tat. Sharon-girrrrrrllllll you are such a trip and fun to be around. You are truly a great gal not to mention beautiful. that was you most of Saturday night...too cute. Jen-beautiful as usual. So nice to see you again. Ross-LMAO you are a flippin' trip. Next time a lil' less drinking huh? I mean I know the ladies were diggin' ya just fine. You looked very nice as well. There was so of the best partying I've seen in a long time. I'm so glad I was able to be a part of things. It was so amazing to see everyone as I'm sure I've missed some others in my post. I haven't forgotten about you ladies Dad and I used to attend the support group meetings with. So nice to see ya'll. I'm looking very forward to seeing everyone @ the summer event as well. I want each of you to know that I've learned something from you in one fashion or another. You are the reasons I continue to come to OH. Your support, love, compassion, sharing and more. Much thanks to you all. I am truly blessed my OH family. Hugs to all, Kitty Kat
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/23/06 9:24 am - Danville, VA
Kat, you are truely one of my bestest friends....wish we lived closer...at least I will see ya again in Danville in March. Can't wait. You are such a beauty, Kat...I love you and if you ever need me please call me... Hugs, Betsy
cappymoon
on 1/23/06 9:26 am - Northern, VA
Kat, So much fun yet again, I know!!! Too much almost! I truly appreciate your words, and know we will be friends for a LONG time!! I am always here for you, no matter what is going on with me....please know that. Dianna
(deactivated member)
on 1/23/06 9:55 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
I do remember the kiss .. you scared the bejeebes outa me .. but I knew you where there .. and I slept better ... well .. that was inbetween the hoopin and hollaring .. and all the good times... I really tried to hang Friday night but I knew I had to be up early ... I know because we are friends we will see each other again ... and stay in touch ... but I can tell you this ... I am always amazed by you .. Never stop being the true butterfly .. that is how I will always remember you .. Love you so much .. TiNk
Ms Court
on 1/23/06 11:20 am - Remington, VA
Ah my beautiful inspiring Kat, I am touched that you think I am beautiful. You are so wonderful and I am soooo happy to have met you and hope to have many more beautiful moments with you. Courtney 7 1/2 weeks out - 40 lbs
(deactivated member)
on 1/23/06 11:37 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
G'morning Kat (yes, Im a little late on playing catch up)! You have GOT to give me the details on that brown shoe of Nat's. You mentioned at the dinner Saturday and Keoni mentioned it that morning and I still havent a clue what it was all about. Something tells me, its probably very funny to BOTH of you, now? Besides, you know guys, they just don't take things as personally as us wimmenfolk do. I'd venture to say that whatever it was, it's completely forgotten. The photos you posted earlier, of you two hugging, kinda proves that. It was such a pleasure to FINALLY MEET YOU!!! Several at the Tobacco Co. told me that you were there and it sounds like we kept passing on the different levels, like two ships in the night. Trust me, there was NO way I was going to let you get out of that club without a hug. Waited THREE YEARS for that hug and it was wonderful to finally get it in real space. Can't wait to see you again, gorgeous - June won't get here soon enough. Love you - Lei
KathieKathie
on 1/24/06 6:49 am - Manassas, VA
Awwwww..... ::hugs!!!:: I'm just going to have to drag my arse down to Richmond more often, now aren't I? We'll have kaw-fee... and tawlk! And I never did get to tell you... that gown was SO your color, and you looked soooooooo gorgeous. And you knew it, too - you just glowed all over the place! Please keep in touch with me! ~Kathie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views