Clothes!

sanguinarythorn
on 1/23/06 5:13 am - Newport News, VA
I have a mountain of them in my closet, and they're dominating my dresser. I can't put my new clothes anywhere for my old clothes taking up every place there is to take up. I have sizes 17-24 that I need to get rid of. Does anyone know of any donation program or anything that might be interested in having these clothes? I'm not interested in mailing them anywhere, I'd rather take them to a thrift shop, but I know that there are post-ops out there that would love to have these clothes to grow into. Any ideas? I'm in the Hampton Roads area.
cathya
on 1/23/06 5:28 am - Orlando, FL
If you don't have a clothing exchange at your support group -- Please consider taking them to a battered women's shelter. Every city has one. Call your local Social Services office to get information on donating to it. Sometimes they have you drop them off directly and sometimes for confidentiality you take them to social services. These women leave home with nothing and having a few nice clothes (especially if they are office clothes) are really appreciated.
kizie23
on 1/23/06 10:03 am - blacksburg, VA
I would suggest taking them to a goodwill, thrift shop, or like someone else suggested taking them to a battered women's shelter. I do not know about in your area, but here in Blacksburg during the Christmas holiday there is a thing called the Christmas Store. This is a place where people of lower incomes and their families can go and shop for new toys for kids, clothing for kids, and also home appliances. When they are done shopping upstairs, families can also go down stairs. Down stairs there is used clothing some in better shape than others, but none the less is clothing to those who do not have it. I plain on making sure everything I have at that time I cannot fit into goes there. Oh yeah, and most of these places will give you a tax deductible slip you can use on your taxes. Melissa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views