Last minute advice is needed . . .

lookin2lose2
on 1/22/06 10:41 pm - Fairfax, VA
RNY on 01/27/06 with
Well this Friday, Jan. 27th is my big day when life will change as I know it. I want to ask all you post ops for any advice for my few weeks out that helped you survive. I'm feeling very anxious and confused about what to buy as in food that is safe. ANY ADVICE you can provide to make my first few weeks out of surgery better is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!! Any tidbit of advice is appreciated! I respect others religious beliefs but if you believe in the power of prayer as I do I ask that you say a prayer for me on Friday. My surgery is at 7:00 AM by Dr. Halmi. I'm excited but a little scared! The pictures I saw from this weekends conference were AMAZING! You all don't realize the inspiration those photos mean to someone like me who is in the struggle to regain their life back from obesity. The Smiles I saw in the pictures did my heart well - Thank You! Many Blessings! Jean
WendyNVA
on 1/22/06 10:48 pm - Va Beach, VA
Hey Jean, You'll do great. Last minute advice?? the night before, take a long leisurely bath, and dont forget to shave.. you wont wanna for awhile afterward and the stubble will drive you insane LOL. Dye your hair if you need to! Get a massage if you can .. and listen to relaxing music. Try to let the stress go. As far as things to buy, different flavors of s/f jello, flavored water, sippy cup, and s/f popsicles! Best of luck! Wendy
lookin2lose2
on 1/22/06 11:11 pm - Fairfax, VA
RNY on 01/27/06 with
Wendy, Thanks for your response. I didn't think about the long bath - what a great idea. We have a jaccuzi tub and NEVER use it so I think I will have to take a soak
LB
on 1/23/06 4:01 am - Northern, VA
When people tell you to walk, they're not joking around. You really should so it as much as possible. It makes you feel better. I was the "crazy walking girl" at the hospital. Haha! The nurses loved me because they never had to talk me into my walk. I was usually out of bed and ready to go. It helps pass the time in the hospital, too!
A10sFrau
on 1/23/06 10:16 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Good luck and God Bless, Jean. My day is Wednesday, so I have no advice--I am reading the advice you are getting We will be losers together! Lois
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views