need connections!

(deactivated member)
on 1/19/06 3:31 am - Remington, VA
HI my name is Kirsten and have been a member for a little while. I'm hoping to have surgery and have completed all the footwork necessary. So now I'm just waiting for my surgeon to do his thing and then insurance to do theirs. I've been posting on my profile and am wondering how do people get connected to where they get comments posted? I'd love to meet others going thru this whole process. Also how long did it take to get your spruced up profile up and running? I've been contacted by two different people. The first one contacted me more then a month ago and I filled out all the info and haven't seen it changed yet! I'm anxious, ......well, among other emotions!!!! This is all very daunting, but am eager to get this show on the road and need some friends along the way!
Ms Court
on 1/19/06 3:54 am - Remington, VA
Welcome Kristen you picked a good place to start out. The VA Board is the best. Just post away anytime you have questions or thoughts or whatever. Courtney 7 weeks out - 38 lbs
Julie R.
on 1/19/06 6:02 am - Belspring, VA
Hey Kirsten! It's nice to have you here It took them about 2 months to get my profile spruced up. Just when I was about to lose hope, they got me taken care of It's been a long day, so bear with me on this question. Do you mean, how do you view other people's profile comments? If that's the case, just click on our screen name and it will bring you there. To look up other people, you can go to Peers (up above) & look by state & sort by city if you want. That's how I found some people local to me. Of course, I have read about people from across VA by coming to this board. If this isn't what you meant, feel free to email me & I will try to help. Don't you just hate the waiting!!! I was so excited last week when I finally got my surgery date, Feb 8. If you have any questions or comments (or just need to vent), go ahead and give us a post. Julie
A10sFrau
on 1/19/06 7:19 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hey, Kirsten! It took about 2 1/2 months for my profile to be spruced up, but I am ecstatic with the results. Justs keep reading and posting here andyou will make connections. I visited 2 members in the hospital who were post surgery during the Christmas holidays. That really makes connections! Lois
(deactivated member)
on 1/19/06 8:29 pm - Remington, VA
Lois, Julie, and Courtney, Thanks so mauch for your replies! It took me forever to discover these message boards, and I'm so glad I did. With this one step forward, two steps back process I'm having it's become very trying! I have support from everyone I know, familywise...no complaints there. My mom had open rny in 99, so she's definitely an advocate. But friends are life's little blessings! So I really appreciate you all! Lois, you must be very excited.....your surgery's on the 25th of this month right? I'll be thinking about you! Well I have a 9 year old that's going to be home sick todayso I better go check on him!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views