one year ago

Peggy R.
on 1/19/06 12:30 am - Verona, VA
one year ago Original Post by Peggy Rankin at 8:22 AM PST on 01/19/2006 Verona, VA - RNY (01/31/2005) WOW One year ago I didn't know if I or my husband would be around to see our beautiful daughter get married. He had heart surgery and I had RNY within 2 weeks of each other. Our daughter was considering moving her wedding date up because the drs were not sure how long either of us would be here. Isn't that a h*ll of a thing for a young girl planning her wedding to have to face. Well I am prode to say that she had a beautiful wedding on the day that she had picked that meant so much to her and her new hubby. And her father and I got to at her wedding. My husband and I now have a new life and enjoying every minute of it. We work out together and eat together. My food choices have helped his heart problem the dr says. Because I just don't bring the bad things into the house neither of us can eat them. I As for me it has been a tough but wonderful year. I deal with depresson alot and lossing food really made it worse some days. Don't get me wrong I would do it again tomorrow and it is the best thing that ever happened to me. When i started 2 years ago I weighed in at a wooping 450+ now I weigh in at 260 and enjoying life and looking to have a long one. Had to either make or mail order all my clothes in a size 48 or larger if I could find them. Now I can buy off the rack in a size 22-24. Am no longer in pain and not looking at double knee replacement, or back surgery. Oh ya also was able to fly to FLA to see my dad twice this year and only had to buy one set and no belt extenion, could walk down the middle of the plain without turning side ways. I guess what I am saying is that thank God, my family and all of you for giving me a secound chance at life. highest 450+ day of surgery386 today 260
Dave
on 1/19/06 1:19 am - Palmyra, VA
Peggy: It was great seeing you last night. Sorry about running off so quickly but when you're meeting 30 agency leaders and running the seminar, you have to be there early and well prepared. You look great! Keep on doing what you've been doing and you will continue to go towards your goal. Glad things are looking up and look forward to seeing you again as I travel out your way more. Dave
Kennie29
on 1/19/06 9:33 am - Chesapeake, VA
Congratulations on your better health that you and your hubby are enjoying!!!!!!! Keep up the progress!!! Hugs, Kennie
amyb66
on 1/19/06 11:22 am - Bolling AFB, DC
Peggy, CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss...you are a true inspiration for a newbie seeking WLS...like me
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views