Richmond Dinner/Friday - Final count!

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/06 11:05 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello friends - The final count has been turned in at the Tobacco Company Restaurant (TCR). I just got off the phone with Rachel and she's assured me that our entire group will be set up right next to each other. Karen Showalter has 24 names, 4 tables with 8 people at each, I'll have 25 names - lol, not sure where that "extra human" is gonna sit, figure I'll let Rachel work out the details on that. Just MY luck, I'll end up at a "time out" table all by myself. REGARDLESS of who's name you ask for "Leilani or Karen" they'll be walking you to the 3rd floor and we'll ALL be close enough to toss rolls at each other! Final dinner list @ http://www.thetobaccocompany.com/index.html Paul, Leilani & Keoni = 3 [any single gals? Keoni's 27/single!] Lynda M (from FL) = 1 Natalie (Irish Pixie) = 1 Eileen F. & Mike F. = 2 Jen G. & Kelly G. = 2 Jill D. & Jon D = 2 Dianna (aka Cappymoon) & Cleve = 2 Betsy Anitahug = 1 Shannon (aka Shanana) = 1 Susan E. = 1 Tammy C & Steve D. and Kathryn (friend) = 3 Beth E. (aka Sara E.) = 1 Kelly & Jay = 2 Patty S. (from MD) and Rick P. = 2 Tammy George & Kyle = 2 Tony T. (from NY) = 1 Nannette (from NJ) = 1 Stayce Kielty and Dana = 2 ~ Valere ~ = 1 Carol Boscola = 1 Susan Clark = 1 Leigh Ann (aka L.A. Woman) = 1 Lacey (aka L.B.) = 1 Courtney (aka MsCourt) = 1 Sharon Quench = 1 Karen Showalter = 1 Gail Sweeney = 1 Wanda Roberts = 1 Ginny Fishback = 1 Kathie Care = 1 Jim Barr = 1 Cathy Alphin = 1 Julie = 1 Sue Smith = 1 Cyndie Baker + Fran & Leanne = 3 .............................................................................. Total: 49 IMPORTANT details (from the last posting): ? EACH tab will have a 17% gratuity automatically included. ? Each tab will have 11% sales tax added to it. ? We MUST as a group, be there 15 minutes before the reservations or we risk LOSING our tables. ? We are meeting in the Hotel Lobby NO LATER then 6:45 or the restaurant no later then 7:15. ? Tables will be set up in groups of 8 to 10, all within the same area. ? They said to allow 2 hours for dinner, for a group this large. ? They will WAIVE the $7 fee to get into the dance club, if you're part of the dinner party. ? Even though they are waiving our club fee, we will still have to get in line at the door (to the club) along with everyone else. She thought that the line would be minimal at 9:00 or 9:30 at night. Please keep in mind that Karen and I have authorized these reservations with our Credit Cards. It is very important that ALL of you on the final list be at the restaurant NO LATER then 7:15. If you want to follow as a "group" the plan is to meet in the hotel lobby no later then 6:45. If you need a ride to the restaurant, start yappin' about it in this thread -there have been several people that have said they'd have the SPACE to take a few others. Also, I've printed off 20 maps that I can give to the people that are driving. It's from Rand McNally, using 301 South, this route has TCR 4 miles from the hotel and takes about 10 minutes. If any of the LOCALS disagree that this is the best route from the hotel, please speak up, I'm flying by the seat of my pants here! (David? Nicole? Tracy? Rick? Kat?) We already have the NAME TAGS printed, with the exception of a few changes. I can give those to ya'll in the lobby or at the restaurant - keep in mind, I'm human so you can't smack me if I have any errors - I tried! See ya'll tomorrow, can't wait!! ~ Lei
(deactivated member)
on 1/18/06 11:12 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
LOL - sorry, I really can do math - when I wanna! Karen will have THREE tables with EIGHT people at each (not 4, like Ive posted all over the internet... ugh, I hate that we can't EDIT our own posts here) Okay -- rant off!
Ms Court
on 1/18/06 11:14 pm - Remington, VA
Good Morning!!!! So I raided the closet last night and found something to wear. Have looked over the online menu to determine what I want to eat. Picked out my dancing shoes. I am ready for 6:45 in the Lobby. Courtney 7 weeks out - 38 lbs p.s. I am 28/SINGLE
(deactivated member)
on 1/18/06 11:25 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
LOL - okay, we have to AGREE as a GROUP not to say anything to Keoni about the "he's SINGLE" comment in my post. I suspect he's gonna wanna thump me upside my head if he finds out and not show up Friday night. Here's a recent photo of me and my son - we're bestest BUD's!! Well, when he's not driving me bonkers, that is. http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b5cc06b3127cce967d778bb55d00000045108AcNWjdq5cNl
Ms Court
on 1/18/06 11:38 pm - Remington, VA
Okay I promise not to tell. Great picture. He has a wonderful smile. Courtney
Kelli
on 1/18/06 11:18 pm - Portsmouth, VA
Yahoo!!!!!!! can't wait either. Jay tried on his pimp suit (that is what my 18 yr old calls it) last night. Hot! He looks so good. His tie is a perfect match to my dress color. We have never in the 21 years together seen each other dressed formal. I can't wait. Lots of Pictures will be taken!!!!!!!!! He is just as excited as I am. Can't wait to see yall tomorrow!!!!!!!! Lots of luv and hugs, Kelli
Gail from NoVa
on 1/19/06 12:14 am - Bealeton, VA
Throwing this out........do any of you locals have any idea what the cabfare would be from the hotel to the Tobacco Company? I'm driving down with Karen, and will have my car. I'd prefer to leave it parked though so I can have a drink if I decide to. just wondering..........
(deactivated member)
on 1/19/06 12:31 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
GAIL - that is a GREAT idea!! I think ALL of the groups that are planning on having drinks should either have a "designated driver" or take a cab! I have NO idea what it runs, last year, a few people did take cabs and I know it was relatively CHEAP. If you go the "main roads" the hotel and club are 3 miles apart, if you go on 301 South, it's 4 miles, minus the stop lights. Either route, it's very close, so the fare should be very reasonable. Probably the same cost to PARK our cars, once we get to the restaurant. Also, most cab companies will let you call and set something up earlier in the day. ie, call them when you get to the hotel and line up the cab ride for 6:45, later that night, then not have to worry about it - just show up in the lobby and hopefully they're waiting outside on you.
Gail from NoVa
on 1/19/06 12:46 am - Bealeton, VA
I think it will be money well spent, regardless. I, for one, don't plan on spending the night in the cross-bars motel, if you know what I mean. Ha! Ha! I doubt they shaft you in Richmond like they do in DC. In other words, it's not another full fare for a 2nd and 3rd person, just an add-on.
Teresa Isphording
on 1/19/06 2:06 am - Knotts Island, NC
Hey Gail, Last year 5 of us shared a cab from the hotel to the TC and I want to think it was between $10 - $15. The driver gave us his card so when we were ready to leave we just called him directly instead of calling the company. When we called him to pick us back up he was there in about 5 minutes. I do have to say I'm sure he got a good laugh out of us that night because all 5 of us were feeling pretty good by time he picked us up. I hope you have a wonderful time! Hubby and I won't be able to make it this year and I'm really bummed about it but will catch up with you guys at the next get together. Hugs Teresa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views