Feeling a little scared!

yvette223
on 1/18/06 8:27 pm - winchester, VA
RNY on 01/24/06 with
Okay, i only have 5 days left before my surgery date and i am really starting to freak out, am i really doing the right thing? Is this all worth the risk? These questions are going through my mind at a constant rapid rate, did anyone else go through this, thinking that they would back out? One part of me knows that this is for the best and that i am taking control of my life, to have a longer life with my kids but wow i did not know i would feel so overwelmed, i am really scared, i come online and read all the wonderful stories of everyone and all the great information that you all give and i pray that i will have the same uneventful surgery as everyone else, but there is still that little voice in the back of my head telling me are you sure this is what you want to do. I am sorry i just needed to vent my fears. thanks for listening. yvette
(deactivated member)
on 1/18/06 8:41 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello Yvette - It's perfectly normal to be nervous right before our surgery. It's that built in "caution" mechanism that we were all born with. You're going to be FINE and you have to believe in yourself, your months of research, your choice of doctors and ultimately your decision. Soon, you'll be updating us, telling us it went just fine and how happy you are to be on this path to your new life. The week before my surgery I was on a natural high, almost a euphoric state of mind. I couldn't believe I was getting that "second" chance ...to LIVE life again!!!! I wish you all the success and happiness that comes with being healthier and thinner. Yep, there can be challenges along the way, but no worse then sitting on the sidelines - confined by our overweight shells. You're about to break free, enjoy and embrace all the special "moments" that come with this journey ~ Lei Psssst - the quote below relates a lot to something as important as the changes you are about to make in your life. I find a lot of truth and strength in these words. "To grow, you must be willing to let your present and future be totally unlike your past. Your history is not your destiny."
Kathy & Rich
on 1/18/06 9:03 pm - Fairfax, VA
Yvette, You are perfectly normal in all that you are feeling. I can tell you that Dr. Moazzez is a fine surgeon and even a perfectionist. He will take great care of you and he'll do all that he can to make your surgery "boring" and "uneventful". If you want a visitor at the hospital let me know. I live very close and can pop in and wish you well next week! Kathy
yvette223
on 1/18/06 9:09 pm - winchester, VA
RNY on 01/24/06 with
Thank you kathy, That would be great, if it is not out of your way i would love to have a visitor. yvette
yvette223
on 1/18/06 9:08 pm - winchester, VA
RNY on 01/24/06 with
Thank you Lei for those words of inspiration, i really appreciate it yvette
ElizabethC
on 1/18/06 10:11 pm - Wirtz, VA
Hang in there, Yvette!! I'm still 2 months away from having my surgery, and I have some whopper emotional days, and I don't mean the Burger King type whoppers Something hit me yesterday that's making it a little easier for me to deal with those emotions. Think about any major positive event that has happened in your life...a new job, new house, marriage, babies, etc. While you are planning for those wonderful things to occur, they can really consume your every waking moment! You are planning and thinking and worrying...all totally normal reactions, part of our emotional wiring system. Same way with WLS! It's a major but positive change you are about to undergo, and what you're feeling is all part of the ride. Hang on tight and enjoy it!! Elizabeth Happy Momma
(deactivated member)
on 1/18/06 10:26 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Yvette, well I am four months out from my surgery, and although I can honestly say that as time got closer I became less and less anxious about it, what you are feeling is so totally normal. We hear so much about this being a 'life style' change and decision. And if you're like me you are probably wondering what exactly does that mean?? I mean we know we eat slow, and just a little, and exercise, but what else? I think that is sort of what makes us a little nervous. I think this is so different from any procedure we have had, or will have, in the future (other than plastics) in that afterwards we just really don't know what is going to go on with our body. Just try to relax and continue to read the boards, read some profiles, and -- ha ha this is my own personal best advice -- if you're a fast eater have your last good eating fast meals!! Obviously that is one of the biggest hurdles I still face!! I remember when ---- I used to gulp food down, oh yeah, I didn't even hardly swallow a bit before I was putting another bite in!! I'll be thinking of you and sending you good healing thoughts. As so many say, hang on for the ride of your life!!! love donna
A10sFrau
on 1/18/06 11:05 pm - Rockbridge Co., VA
I am going through the identical thing, Yvette. I have surgery the day after yours. I am trying hard to let these feelings flow over me. Some moments this works, others I decided I am not going through with it. I HAVE decided not to make any rash decisions. SO..... Hope you can let the demons run on by you too. Lois
jilldennis
on 1/19/06 2:25 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi, Yvette Sorry I haven't gotten back with you. Let me know if you would like a visitor...I would be glad to come out and visit with you. Dr. Moazzez is wonderful!!! E-mail me and I will give you my numbers if I haven't already and we can chat if you'd like! Hugs! Jill
yvette223
on 1/19/06 3:40 am - winchester, VA
RNY on 01/24/06 with
That would be great, yvette
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views