Newly Post Ops and Pre-OPs Attending the Conference

(deactivated member)
on 1/18/06 6:42 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
I know that there will be a few of you that have recently had surgery or those getting ready for surgery that will be attending . I have for you some suppliments that I obtained from the Health and Wellness Center that you are welcome to. All you will need is ho****er .. or cold water to mix them . Be sure to come see me at the conference and I will be sure to give these to you . These products are great for people on a very soft or liquid eating regimen . Can not wait to see you all there . Hugs Nat
(deactivated member)
on 1/18/06 8:05 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hey - what about us OLD TIMER Posties?!? I might be getting in that LINE and grabbin' some of those samples just so I can retrain myself on Monday and get back to BASICS!!!!!! I have got to purge and detox my system after this weekend (and the last several MONTHS of mindless grazing - gee, it started right before Thanksgiving with home made clam chowder and just got worse). My plan is 3 days of 'protein shakes (5 daily) and 1 meal, heavy on the protein side, no white carbs - max calories at 1000". After the three days, my system should be relatively clean of the excess and retraining to operate on protein. Then I'll incorporate foods along the lines of the South Beach plan, until the weight is gone, maxing my calories at 1200 a day. At goal, maintenance numbers range from 1700 to 1800. Ive obviously been going OVER that range these last few months. Holidays have always kicked my butt and it's not just temptation of all the Holiday foods. Couple that with the winter cold and less opportunities to get out and play and I'm dealing with a 13 (THIRTEEN?!?!?!?!?!? ...yes, 13!!!!!) pound weight GAIN since last January. Yuck, I dread logging that one on my weight chart. Anyway - there it is, my plan!! Maybe If I see it in text, print it, read it, log it into my profile, memorize it ....basically, eat-breathe-and- drink "THE PLAN", it WILL be a success! Soooooooooooo - where does that sample line start?
(deactivated member)
on 1/18/06 8:16 pm - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
I Have lots of samples for you all too !!!..The same company sent me post op samples and each of you will be getting a gift bag upon registration !!! .. I wanted it to be a suprise dang it .. LOL .. But no really .. I had a couple emails from some that said they where concernced about the meals at the convention due to their progress with their surgery . I had several samples left over from my last support group meeting and wanted to make sure they all knew they would have something .. All of the post op samples are delish .. Hey .. remember the COWBOY STEW you once posted about .. HMMM was that not for breaking a stall or platueau thingy... I love that stew .. I will see you tommorow night beautiful !! Hugs. Nat
(deactivated member)
on 1/18/06 8:25 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
YUMMY - I agree, that really is DELISH stew! I put the recipe in my profile and Kim (Sunflower Girl) did the nutritional facts on it for me - not only is it delish, high in protien, but low in calories. You're right - it's TIME to make a large pot of that and the weather sure does dictate it. Hey? Speaking of weather - what is Saturday and Sunday supposed to be like in Richmond, do you (or anyone else) know? They're talking about temps in the high 60's and low 70's here in VaBeach and I'm hoping that's universal to the state. See you tomorrow!!! What time are you getting to the hotel? Do you still have my cell number? Paul and I should be there around 4:00 or 4:30 - in a perfect world, that is. Hugs - Lei
jilldennis
on 1/19/06 2:30 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi, Lei Can you post the cowboystew for us kinda new to the board? Thanks! Hugs Jill
(deactivated member)
on 1/19/06 3:04 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Lei - love your plan!! Oh, and in case you're wondering, I was looking for the cowboy stew recipe on your profile. Well I found it, and thought, hmmm, I think I'll print all her recipes. Well in case you're wondering, if you ever want to do this -- your whole profile is 327 pages long!! Ha ha!! Boy was I trying to find the cancel print key fast. I did -- but not until a ream of paper was used!! Too funny. Just thought you'd like to know. I haven't gotten any smarter using the computer!! And yes I know about highlighting, etc. what you want to print, but for some reason -- well, 327 pages later!!!! love donna
(deactivated member)
on 1/19/06 7:37 pm - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
LMAO!!!!! Okay - now that's the BEST laugh Ive had in awhile!! Why can I picture the look of sheer panic on your face ...the entire time the spools of paper keeps whipping off your printer? One of the funniest part? It means you had to stare at my smiling sarcastic mug - several times during your moment of duress - cause my picture(s) are plastered all over the profile that was printing in BULK. Love the story, girlfriend, even if it was (lol, kinda?) at your expense? [step away from the computer, ma'am] Love you - see you soon! Me
Shanana
on 1/18/06 8:13 pm - Altavista, VA
You are so thoughtful Nat. My weight loss is starting to slow down so I need all the help I can get. I am even getting hungry. Try to grab the protein when that hits. If it just gave me more energy it would be great. Shannon
kizie23
on 1/19/06 11:02 am - blacksburg, VA
Nat, I joined the board kinda late, so I will not be attending the conference. I was wondering how I could still get some of you samples. I would be more than happy to pay for the shipping. I have been having some problems getting liquids in as well as food, this week been sick at least twice a day. So, anything that would help would be great. Melissa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views