I work with some of the best people

Julie R.
on 1/18/06 5:52 am - Belspring, VA
Today, I finally got up the nerve to send out an annoucement to my office (I work in Career Services at Virginia Tech) to let them know about my upcoming surgery. I figured that I would go ahead and give them the full scoop as well as welcoming them to ask questions. To my surprise, all afternoon, I have been receiving emails and having people stop into my office to wish me the very best. Some have told me how brave I am, others said how they admired my initiative to head off future health problems, and everyone has been soooo supportive. There are even a couple of people who said that they might consider surgery too if it works out for me. Of course there were many questions about what is involved with having WLS, and I was happy to share! Sometimes I wonder why I work here making so little for a person with a MBA, but days like these I remember why I stick it out Just thought I would share! Julie
Bookworm5648
on 1/18/06 8:13 am - Manassas Park, VA
Julie That is great! I work at a daycare center and everyone knew about my surgery, and I have had 1 co-worker in particular who wasn't the nicest about it, but everyone else was! They still are great, telling me how good I look, etc. Good luck on your upcoming surgery! Stacy 346/190
kizie23
on 1/18/06 9:10 am - blacksburg, VA
Julie, I am glad that people in your office are so understanding about your wls. It makes things so much easier. When I got back to work on Monday I had so many people asking me so many questions. It was a little wierd, but I answered them the best I could. I even got hit on yesterday. I lauged at the person (not my type, you know what I mean) but it was nice just the same. Everything is going to work out fine, I am sure. Melissa
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/18/06 10:45 am - Danville, VA
Julie, That is awesome...Sharing this awesome WLS is what it is all about...so many people think that they will never break away from this obesity but there is help. Think of how many you will impact after surgery. You are going to do awesome and you are soo close now. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.. Hugs, Betsy
ElizabethC
on 1/18/06 10:55 am - Wirtz, VA
People can really amaze us at times, can't they?! I am so glad that you have a supportive work group, I imagine it will make returning post-op less of a burden. I also emailed a group of old friends today and told them about my upcoming WLS, and have received some wonderful words of encouragement, prayers, and sentiments about their relationship with me that I never realized. I know it gave me a boost today! Elizabeth Happy Momma
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views