Gallbladder Surgery

jilldennis
on 1/18/06 5:37 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi, All Here is an update...as some of you know...I had a gallbladder ultrasound this morning...to make a long story short - it wasn't good. They advised me to call Dr. Moazzez when I got home (which I did) - and now I am having surgery on Friday, the 27th of January. I am kinda bummed - but I am glad that Dr. Moazzez will be doing the surgery and not someone that I don't know. So - my question is...has anyone out there had gallbladder surgery after WLS and what is the recovery time? Will this set me back? I will have to stay the night... but do you have to go back to any kind of special diet or anything? I didn't think to ask him when I was talking to the office. I can't wait to see everyone on Friday!!! Two more days!!! Yeah!!! Hugs Jill
Ms Court
on 1/18/06 5:51 am - Remington, VA
Hi Jill. I can't answer your questions but I wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you. If you feel up to it I should come visit you and return the company. Courtney 7 weeks out - 38 lbs
jilldennis
on 1/19/06 2:45 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi, Courtney I would love to have visitors - thanks! My surgery is at 3pm...Dr. Moazzez said because it is so late in the day I would more than likely be spending the night. My hubby won't be able to come and pick me up until noon on Saturday...sooo... I guess if you want you could call first - to make sure I am still there! Thanks! I can't wait to see you tomorrow!! Hugs! Jill
Carole V.
on 1/18/06 5:59 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Hi Jill, Don't be bummed. After a few days of discomfort (if it's done laproscopic, which it should), you will be back on track. And just think, no more attacks! When I had GB surgery, before WLS by a couple of years, I was only out of work about a week. There was minimal pain, except when I overdid things and popped something that hurt like a sumbich. So, if the doc says not to do stuff, it's best to listen to him. As for diet, I was told a normal diet was fine, to keep things low fat, which you basically already do. Just make sure, as you would with any surgery, that the anesthesiologist knows ahead of time if you have any breathing issues, such as being a smoker or sleep apnea. That could save your life. Good luck to you, you will be fine, Carole
jilldennis
on 1/19/06 2:50 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Thanks Carole! I'm lucky because Dr. Moazzez will be doing my surgery (the same surgeon that did my WLS). Hugs! Jill
(deactivated member)
on 1/18/06 6:22 am - Fairfax Station, VA
Hey! I've been thinking about you all day and wondering how it went. I just got home so was anxious to check. I had gb surgery about 10 years ago -- open -- and it was very painful and long recovery. I think Kathy had it, lap, and she was out and about the next day!! Modern medicine!! Anyway, you won't have any problem, I'm sure. And I will put that date on my calendar and be boop out to see you, if it's okay!! Can't wait to see you guys on Saturday, too. love donna
jilldennis
on 1/19/06 2:47 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi Donna Of course I would love you to come see me! My surgery is at 3pm...Dr. Moazzez said because it is so late in the day I would more than likely be spending the night. Jon won't be able to come and pick me up until noon on Saturday...sooo... I guess if you want you could call first - to make sure I am still there! Thanks! I can't wait to see you!!! Hugs! Jill
Kathy & Rich
on 1/18/06 6:34 am - Fairfax, VA
I had gallbladder surgery with Dr. M on a Friday. Stayed in recovery 3 hours watching TV wanting to go home. Stopped at a restaurant on the way home for some soup and sat there and ate it (well, the broth anyway). Went to a birthday party the next day for a hour or two. Went back to work on Monday. I didn't have to stay the night. He gave me the option. I told him I felt good enough to go home and he required me to stay 3 hours minimum. I think I was told to eat light for a day or two. That's all. Kathy
jilldennis
on 1/19/06 2:52 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi, Kathy Thanks. Pam told me to expect to stay the night since the surgery was so late in the day...that's fine with me...it's a long ride home. He told me I would be well enough to take my son to school and stuff on Monday. Works for me!!! Thanks! Hugs Jill
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/18/06 10:49 am - Danville, VA
Hi Sweetie...I am so sorry to hear you have to go through this but when I had my GB removed, they did it open and it was awful...now adays it is a breeze...I am so looking forward to seeing you on Friday night....I can't wait...be ready for lots of hugs... Hugs a bunch.... Love, Betsy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views