What's the drinking plans for this weekend?

Dave
on 1/18/06 1:14 am - Palmyra, VA
I haven't touched any adult beverage since last March and my surgeon really doesn't want me drinking any. However, I notice even the most "righteous" WLS alumni (Lei and Pix) partake now and then. What's a man to do in a room full of great looking women this weekend and stone sober? I won't be able to loose my inhibitions or make passes at married women while sober! What a bummer! (Of course my wife will appreciate my state of mind). All in good jest! Dave
(deactivated member)
on 1/18/06 1:39 am - Fort Myers, FL
"righteous" I haven't met Lei in person yet--but one thing I can tell for sure--"righteous" surely can't describe her. Here's my thoughts on the drinking thing... 1-it's wasted calories 2-It really is not good for us while we are still losing rapidly as it potentially does a number on our liver. 3-Probably not great for our pouch either 4-Watching drunk people can be either entertaining or pitiful All that being said--I waited about 9 months to try my first drink post wls. I now drink on a regular basis--probably not a great idea, but I do. Haven't lost much more weight since I started drinking--again because of the wasted calories. I think following your doc's instructions and not drinking is a great thing. I am absolutely positive your wife will appreciate your state of mind. I appreciate your state of mind. Looking forward to meeting you along with everone else.
(deactivated member)
on 1/18/06 3:27 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
LMAO! ...loved your reply! Oh bratty one. If you like vodka and s/f juices (lemonade, punch, etc) bring your butt over to my room. As always, Paul is the designated driver, I can't see at night so it's dangerous (even straight up sober) for me to drive once it gets dark. btw - I think you might alread know the answer, but just in case - in reference to your question about the dress code at TCR - it's a 'nicer' kinda place with a dressy CASUAL kinda flair. I'm wearing dress jeans with a sparkly kinda top. Paul is wearing jeans with a polo kinda shirt or sweater. The dress code you read is in reference to the baggy ratty jeans, tattered t-shirts and ball caps. .... so, you might wanna unpack those from your luggage now?
(deactivated member)
on 1/18/06 3:42 am - Fort Myers, FL
Hmm-Can you see me now pulling all my ratty jeans and tattered t-shirts out of my suitcase--one handed, as I type. Dressy-casual--just my style! BTW--I am the queen of vodka and crystal light singles--you should have seen the looks on the faces when I was in DC mixing my little concoction at the Drag club.
Ms Court
on 1/18/06 1:44 am - Remington, VA
Drinking can be entertaining, especially watching other people who are drinking. Pre surgery I wasn't that big of a drinker to begin with (always seemed to be the dd or babysitter depending on who I was with) but since I am only 7 weeks out and haven't really tried testing my pouch in a lot of areas (I really don't want to get sick) I will not be drinking alcohol this weekend but partying I will be doing. Courtney 7 weeks out - 38 lbs
cappymoon
on 1/18/06 2:25 am - Northern, VA
Ummm...not to be a smarta$$..... Friday night...... Saturday night...... That would be my drinking plans, and I know there are a few others with the same plans, and a few others with NO plans for drinking, so whatever side of the fence you are on, you will be in GREAT company Cant wait to meet you David!!! You guys coming down Friday night?? Dianna
(deactivated member)
on 1/18/06 2:53 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
And Jest away .. I will be having martinis .. or vodka tonics . Vodka is low cal .. low sugar . And Di and I always do a shot of Jieger in loving memory of all that are waiting on surgery !!! So perhaps a toast wil be in order with us . Hugs and CAN NOT WAIT TO SEE YOU !!! Natalie
lawoman
on 1/18/06 3:10 am - Hellertown, PA
I will be drinking...and good for you that you aren't cause I wish I wouldnt have started again. Take care and see ya soon! Leigh Ann
(deactivated member)
on 1/18/06 3:15 am - Grass.Shack.by.da'Beach, VA
Hello Dave!! It's gonna be GREAT seeing you again - I'll prolly walk right on by you, you've lost so much weight. If so? Stick your foot out and trip me - I want my hugs! As far as drinking? My doctor allowed wine at 6 months, hard liquor at 12 months. I never did like wine, so I didn't bother even trying it - right before my 1 year anniversary I tried my 1st alky'hawlic drink at my hubby's Christmas Party. Every thing you might'a read about it is TRUE, that first one will leave you feelin' all kinds of warm and fuzzy - if you choose to sip on one, take it easy and get up slow. My drinking plans for this weekend include lots and lots of water and coffee through out the day - coupla' protein shakes for good measure and at the ****tail hour? I'll be elbowing my way to the front of the line!!! At 3 years post op - I count calories which is why I choose vodka mixed with SUGAR FREE juices (punch, lemonade, orange, etc with -0- calories). The biggest problem I find when I go to bars is that they don't sell any SUGAR FREE juice type drinks, only sugar free coke and that sounds terrible with Vodka. So, I've resorted to bringing my own - I figure one shot of vodka has 58 calories, I'm not going to allow any calories in the mixer too. As always, Ive rambled too much - can't wait to see you and Natalie again! Hugs - Lei Pssst... *Jest* 'cause, I'll letcha BUY me a drink!
wlsurvivor
on 1/18/06 3:46 am - Marshall, VA
Hey Lei, If you bring those Crystal Light powder tubes that fit into your purse, you can just order a glass of water and add it to it and then your vodka ! You can get them at Wal-Mart or Food Lion. I like the Sunrise Orange myself! I also drink O'Douls beer in bars because it only has 58 calories for a 12oz bottle and no alcohol! I feel like I'm gettin' something inbetween! And with the slight carbonation, I can usually only drink (nurse) one! Just a thought for those who like the taste but don't want the alcohol (especially if they are driving)! I can't tell any difference in the taste of an O'Douls and a regular beer. See ya'll there! Karen
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views