Galbladder and surgery?

Smukums
on 1/17/06 9:10 pm - Richmond, VA
Hi gang! I was hoping to get some more expert advice from yall. Ok all the pain i have been having has been my galbladder. It is not functioning. They said the minimum they like to see is 30% function and mine is 19% so they want to remove it. I really dont want to go through surgery twice (1 for galbladder and 2 for gastric bypass). Does anyone think that maybe this galbladder attack will help get approval for GB faster? if so how can i got about it? Also has this happened to anyone else? Do you think I could wait until I got approved for GB to have it taken out? It comes and goes as far as pain but this morning it is quite painful! I am already going to try to wait a week because i go to Vegas on Sunday and I dont want to miss that. Thanks for any help! I can't wait to see yall on friday night! Nicole
jilldennis
on 1/18/06 3:16 am - White Post, VA
RNY on 08/30/05 with
Hi, Nicole - I don't have the answers to your questions for you - but we are kinda in the same boat. I went and had a gallbladder ultrasound this morning...it looks like I will be having gallbladder surgery in the near future. They (the ultrasound people) seemed surprised that they did not remove my gallbladder when they did the gastric bypass surgery in August.??? They said a lot of surgeons just routinely remove it during the gastric bypass surgery. It was all news to me! Anyways... I am waiting on my doctor to call me back now on what my next step should be. Good Luck!! Can't wait to meet you Friday night!! Hugs! Jill 278/261/225/159 PCP-Consult/Dr.Moazzez-Consult/SurgeryDay/NOW!!
Lelandmm
on 1/18/06 3:35 am - Chesapeake, VA
Nicole, Every surgical practice is a little different, but I will tell ya what I know! My surgical practice does ultrasounds on all paitents prior to surgery. If you have gall stones, or limited function, they just take your gall bladder out during surgery. Mine looked OK, so I had to take this nasty medication for six months to prevent gall stones. My sister's mother in law had hers done in Roseburg, OR. Her surgeon ONLY did it open, and he ALWAYS takes out the gallbladder and appendix while he's in there, to prevent future problems. (He also removes what is left of the stomach, which I dont understand) She had already had her gallbladder and appendix taken out, so she asked if she could get a discount. Of course the answer was NO. If you can wait to have your GB out during surgery, they will do it then, but if it has to come out before then, unfortunately, you are suffering through 2 surgeries. I've heard from 2 people that didn't have a RNY GB that the gall bladder removal was pretty painful. One friend of mine has a big scar from it. Since you haven't been approved yet, You will probably have to have it taken out before hand. Don't stress yourself too bad trying to live with the pain to save on surgeries! Leland
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/18/06 10:59 am - Danville, VA
Hi Sweetie....I hope you have a wonderful trip next week...still trying to figure out how to get into one of your bags!! Don't let me forget to give you my nickel....I hope that you don't have any flare ups during your trip. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.... Hugs til Friday... Betsy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views