dizziness?

Dee K.
on 1/16/06 11:37 pm - Oak Hill, VA
Hi guys.. I am a frequent "lurker", but not much of a poster. When I do post, however, you guys are great with suggestions.. well here goes again.. I am 4 weeks post op and have lost 30 pounds.. (yay!).. i have done everything by the book.. 2 protein shakes a day.. protein first, pureed.. all my water and vitamins, etc.. however, i have been plagued by lightheadedness now for about 2 weeks.. all of the time.. sitting, standing, lying down.. it doesn't matter! i have been in touch with my surgeon.. but they are not sure what it could be besides losing the weight quickly and that i should just be "patient".. help! has anyone else had this problem? thanks, dee
Ms Court
on 1/16/06 11:51 pm - Remington, VA
Hi Dee sorry to hear that you are feeling bad. Here is my suggestion. Are you on your period? I have been having dizziness for a few days last week but only at night when I would lay down for bed. At that time I was on my period and had been for over a week. I think it was issues with my iron becuase of the period becuase since it stopped on Sunday I have not had the dizziness. So that is my theory for me and maybe it applies to you also. Courtney 6 1/2 weeks out - 38 lbs
LB
on 1/17/06 4:11 am - Northern, VA
Are you still on pain prescriptions? Those made me crazy dizzy. If you can, switch to Tylenol ASAP.
Dee K.
on 1/17/06 4:29 am - Oak Hill, VA
thanks for your replies! no.. i have not been on pain pills since the day after my surgery.. ireally had no pain and did not even fill my prescription when i got home! i'm seeing my doctor on thurs at hopkins.. thanks!
A10sFrau
on 1/17/06 4:38 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Possibly: 1.) Low blood pressure, 2.) Low blood sugar. I have had that happen when I have been on severly restricted diets before. Keep telling the surgeon about it. Good luck with it, Lois
Julie R.
on 1/17/06 5:38 am - Belspring, VA
Along the lines of Lois, if you haven't done so, check your blood pressure. My pcp told me to let her know if I start getting light headed after I have my surgery, so she can see about taking me off my blood pressure meds. Even if you had normal BP before, it could be your body getting used to a lower BP. Low blood sugar is another good thought for light headedness. Either way, stay in touch with your surgeon & pcp. Hope you start feeling better soon! Best wishes! Julie
aedwards
on 1/17/06 7:32 am - norfolk, VA
hi i am 4weeks post op and lost 30pds and i am having the same problem i go to doc fri for my 4week check up and i am going to ask him about it, because i dont have hi blood pressure, good luck,
(deactivated member)
on 1/17/06 10:44 pm - Fairfax Station, VA
Hi Dee - well I am four months out and I am still having this problem. In fact Friday night I got out of bed around 2 am to quiet the dogs from barking and I walked to the kitchen, and just as I got to the stairs to the downstairs I got dizzy and actually fell down the whole flight of stairs. Nothing serious happened, just sore enough to not do any exercise this week, and bruises. Scared the crap out of my husband as he heard me yell and then the plop plop plop as my head (went head first) hit each stair!! Anyway, this has been happening (not the falling down stairs, I usually catch myself) enough that I finally have an appointment on Monday with the doctor. My suspicions are that it is blood pressure. I am still on the meds I was on prior to surgery and I am sure my bp is normal now, so along with the meds I am way low. I haven't had a doctor's appointment for a couple of months (my bad!) but I am sure that is what it is. It only happens lying down and getting up, never just while I'm sitting here typing on the computer!! So I say, check your blood pressure!! Also, are you getting enough calories - you might want to map that and see. donna
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views