Anxious & Frustrated

Christine Hood
on 1/16/06 5:52 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Someone please tell me that you went through craziness just to get approved!! I had my initial appointment with the surgeon on 12/19 and since then have gone for a billion appointments and have a billion more scheduled...all before approval. Physical, blood work, psych eval, chest exrays, past weight/diet proof from previous docs, nutrition class, exercise class, $500...the list goes on. Is this typical? I've read several posts & profiles where it seems that most of these things came after approval...not before. I am getting so anxious and just want to know that all of this effort and time off of work is not in vain. Thanks for your help! Christine
Kathy & Rich
on 1/16/06 5:59 am - Fairfax, VA
Christine, It all really depends on your insurance. Some of the requirements are theirs and some are your surgeons. Hard to say. Good luck! Kathy
aedwards
on 1/16/06 6:00 am - norfolk, VA
when i had my first initial visit with wls coodinater, she printed out my issurancs , and i was approved before going to my dc visits. ask you doc have you been approved.
(deactivated member)
on 1/16/06 6:02 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Christine , No it is not in vain ... it will pay off .. I swear .. Just keep doing what they ask you to do .. it is all just how different surgeons do their evaluations . you life is worth every class .. every evaluation .. ever turn in the road .. I know it is frustrating .. and sitting here post-op .. you may say well .. you are already done with yours .. YES but I would have jumped thru any and all hoops .. traveled to what ever class .. or eval .. to sit where I am today .. Keep up the great work towards reaching your goals and before long you will be posting .. " I AM APPROVED AND I HAVE A DATE .. It will come .. Much love and respect to you for fighting Obesity and regaining your life .. Natalie
Christine Hood
on 1/16/06 6:43 am - Fort Eustis, VA
Thanks to all of you for setting me straight...you are ABSOLUTELY right! It is worth whatever I have to do! Thanks for the reminder! Christine
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views