First day, please help

kizie23
on 1/15/06 7:47 pm - blacksburg, VA
Today is my first day back at work since surgery, does any one have any suggestions? I normally stand on my feet for 10 hours a day, but today I only work half a day. I normally eat fried foods. Today I know that I cannot. I normally am not nervous, but today I am. Anyone have any suggestions?? Melissa
TammyNVA
on 1/15/06 8:16 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Melissa, I was there just last week! Here are my suggestions: Wear as comfy shoes as possible Bring a BAG of food with small portions already separated (cheese sticks, chicken/tuna salad, low-fat crackers, small cups of yogurt) Water bottle - full Let your co-workers know that you NEED to eat every 2-3 hours, but it won't take you long Smile and be happy knowing that you are on the way to a healthier YOU! Good luck Sweety!! Tammy
kizie23
on 1/15/06 9:18 pm - blacksburg, VA
Tammy, Thank you for the kind words. I am not going to bring in food just yet, I am supposed to be on only liquids. I word for Va Tech in the dinning hall, and there is always soups there. So, I think I will try that for now. But, the small food portions are going to be very handy for next week, when I am back at work all day. I am excited, but very scared at the same time. Melissa
shoutjoy
on 1/15/06 9:14 pm - Culpeper, VA
Hi, you just had major surgery. Give your body time to recoop. Fried foods? Good! Why eat them huh? Eat healthy and you will have good results. Hang in there! Relax and enjoy the journey to a new you!! Paula
kizie23
on 1/15/06 9:19 pm - blacksburg, VA
Paula, I plain to do just that. Eat healthy, and only do as much as I can. Thanks, Melissa
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/15/06 10:37 pm - Danville, VA
good luck on your first day back, Melissa...don't over do and relax...you will do fine...just make sure you get plenty of liquids... Hugs, Betsy
kizie23
on 1/16/06 10:25 am - blacksburg, VA
Betsy, Thanks so much. Work was not all that bad today. I am a little sore now, and I am sure it will get better as the week goes by. Melissa
A10sFrau
on 1/16/06 3:17 am - Rockbridge Co., VA
Hope you had a good day Melissa. I will be learning more from you soon! I am on liquids now, and some days I am fine, like today, but yesterday!! I over ate, actual food, not just liquids. Today I am fine with the liquids and jello. How are you feeling? How is your strength? Lois
kizie23
on 1/16/06 10:28 am - blacksburg, VA
Lois, Work was not that bad today. I did a lot of walking, more than I have done since I have been home. But, all in all it was not a bad day. I am sore, but I am sure that is going to get better. I have to admit I had some roast beef today. It was really good, I know I should be on liquids, but the way I see it....... I am not getting in enough protien with just liquids. Plus I really wanted the roast beef. It acutally set really well to my surprise. Melissa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views