In your face...Mother!!!

H. MC
on 1/15/06 4:51 pm - Arlington, VA
Hey guys I had to share this. Now don't get me wrong I love my mother. but when it comes to my weight she is the one who scratches the nails down the chalk board for me. Well last night was pure heaven. we were at my Grandmothers after service, and I noticed my mother was wearing a 3 quarter lenth black suit. but it was not buttoned. I asked her to button it to see how it looked, well she couldn't get it to button which is why it was open. (my mother has never had a weight issue, and has always given me a hard time obout my weight) Well I ask her if I can try on the on the jacket. she starts in on me. in front of my Grandmother my hubby and her hubby. she says, "it ain't gonna fit, you are too big, I can already tell it won't fit you". Well I went into the bathroom to try it on. My heart filled with so much joy when I put my arm in the sleeve and it was loose. I put the rest of the jacket on, and BUTTONED IT!!! When I camed out of the bathroom to model the jacket, you should have seen the look of utter surprize on my mother's face. I told her "pick your chin up honey you are leaking". to add insult to injury my grandmother blurt's out "wow heather you look better in that, than your mother". Last night I made her break those nails on that chalk board, and I felt great! IN YOUR FACE MOTHER later Heather
Pat F.
on 1/15/06 5:56 pm - Richmond, VA
Way to go!!! Keep up the good work and everyone will be like she never looked this good before. Let your mom know that you are willing to help her lose some if she wants to. Then you all can share your clothes. I have found that with Kat and me we can wear each others tops.
MrsTonyaBrown
on 1/15/06 8:30 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Heather, I am so happy for you. You're doing great and because you didn't rub it in, you are so much the better for it. Keep up the good work and enjoy your triumphs. Hugs, Tonya
TammyNVA
on 1/15/06 6:17 pm - Chesterfield, VA
Heather, I KNOW that felt good! I could just see your mom's face while reading your story. KEEP IT UP!! Tammy
kizie23
on 1/15/06 7:49 pm - blacksburg, VA
Heather, That is awesome. Melissa
wanda
on 1/15/06 9:02 pm
Good for you Heather! You're doing so great with your loss!!! ~Wanda
Kathy & Rich
on 1/15/06 9:14 pm - Fairfax, VA
Snicker, snicker, snicker.
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/15/06 10:34 pm - Danville, VA
Oh, Heather, that story is precious! I would have loved to see your mom's face. And kudo's to your grandmother for letting it know how it is...Sometimes people can't see you anyother way....it will be hard on your mom to see you as thin and healthy. You keep on going girl...you are doing great. I am so excited for you. Hugs, Betsy
hollydecarlo
on 1/15/06 10:39 pm - hopewell, VA
you go girl!!!! those wow moments are so awesome!!! and you will have many many more!! take care and hugs, holly
tsaxon
on 1/15/06 11:35 pm - Charlottesville, VA
Heather I had to respond as I have some friends who do the same things - I don't think they mean to come off as snippy as they do.... One of my girlfriends offered me some of her clothes to wear, and I thanked her so much for offering to lend them to me, since she is sure that one day she will be able to wear them again (they are too small for her, mind you). So I went on about my business and dropped an earring outside of the room she was in, so I stopped to pick it up and I hear her say to another girl, "There is NO way she will get into them, I mean I can't wear them and she is still so big." My other friend in the room said, "No way - she can wear them, and you should not be so ugly to Tracey, she works very hard to follow the rules and drop all of her weight. You may have written a check you won't see cashed." The next day she brought in three items, all very nice, and again I thanked her for allowing me to use them and said I would take good care of them so that they could be returned. The next day I came into work wearing one of the items and it was TOO BIG. The look on her face said it all! I thanked her again for being so generous. Keeping your dignity and being gracious is always best practice - Heather I love those moments too! God bless~ Tracey
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views