2 MILES! Two freakin' miles...

Kathy & Rich
on 1/15/06 10:41 am - Fairfax, VA
I didn't just walk it, friends. I didn't just alternated walking and running. Nope. I ran two freakin' stinkin' miles non-stop on the treadmill at our new gym! Go**** felt so fabulous. Just started at the gym yesterday - the place just opened Friday. Just did a bit of walking and jogging alternating yesterday. Today I met with a personal trainer to set up a basic weight lifting/fitness program. He said if I'm going to run then I'm working most of the leg muscles quite well so I don't have to do alot of leg machine work. I'm going to go tomorrow morning and do a cardio warm-up (no running since I ran some on Saturday and a bunch today) and then do my weight workout prior to work. Tuesday I'll go and do cardio and will run again!! I haven't run 2 miles in 9 years, I think. Something like that. Of course it is easier now with 60 less pounds (I weighed about 230 9 years ago.) Of course, I'm sore with muscle fatigue tonight but I'll take it!!! Kathy (feeling great and somewhat virtuous - well, virtuous for me, that is...LOL!)
SlimminShannon
on 1/15/06 11:50 am - Richmond, VA
WTG!!!! That is awesome!
Kathy & Rich
on 1/15/06 9:15 pm - Fairfax, VA
Thanks, Shannon!
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/15/06 12:14 pm - Danville, VA
Wow, Kathy, that is great....that is amazing...hope I get up to that soon. You are really doing good with the weight too. Hugs, Betsy
Kathy & Rich
on 1/15/06 9:16 pm - Fairfax, VA
Thanks, Betsy!
TammyNVA
on 1/15/06 6:11 pm - Chesterfield, VA
WAY TO GO!!!! I don't think I've ever run 2 continuous miles in my LIFE! I'm very impressed! Tammy
Kathy & Rich
on 1/15/06 9:15 pm - Fairfax, VA
Thanks, Tammy!
kizie23
on 1/15/06 7:51 pm - blacksburg, VA
Kathy, How awesome. I have only bee able to walk since being home. The most I have walked would be one mile. I have contemplated going two, but for some reason I chicken out. Do you have any words of advise for me?? Melissa
Kathy & Rich
on 1/15/06 9:12 pm - Fairfax, VA
Melissa, Words of advice...just go slow. Ease into it. When you are up to it...go a little further. Don't try for mile 2 right away...do 1.1 mile then up to 1.2, etc. Do it gradually. And before you know it...you are there! Thanks, Kathy
tsaxon
on 1/15/06 11:26 pm - Charlottesville, VA
Way to go Kathy! That is great!! I am very proud of you! I just did my one-mile run on the track and really imporved my time - but 2 miles?? WOW! You are such an inspiration - keep up the good work my dear! Love you~ Tracey
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views