Howdy folks! (long - sorry)

tsaxon
on 1/15/06 6:17 am - Charlottesville, VA
I was inspired by the beautiful Lady D. to post a general hello to all of you as I don't post as often as I should despite the fact that I do make a point to read when I can at work (those 8th graders require a lot of attention!). It is wonderful to see what success we have shared: Betsy is finally a loser! Elizabeth B-C is working hard to get better (I was worried about you kiddo), Shannon is planning away at her wedding, Melissa is getting a group together in my neck of the woods for a lunch on Feb. 18th, Kat is posting machine, Leilani is still hilarious, Dave and Nat have done an outstanding job with the conference planning and preparation (I am so bummed that I can not come due to a class that I am teaching) and the list goes on and on.... I am doing great - loving life and having the pleasure of reaping the many health benefits that come from getting my life back into control! Can you believe that I go the gym every morning at 6:45-7:00AM? My personal trainer, Justin, is so inspiring and the new me is loving the activity and the fact that I can run again. Wow - what a difference 140 pounds makes. Whenever I get tired Justin throws 140 pounds at me in the form of weight plates and asks me to walk around the weightlifting area with that... It is an effective way to remember how blessed I am to be rid of those pounds. My husband, Frank, is a neverending source of support and love - we have celebrated the small victories - new bras to keep my "girls" up, bathing suits, jeans, sweaters - it is a wonderful ride. My family is starting to work out too - my Mom is coming to the gym to join Frank and I in the mornings and my dad and sister are planning on doing the same. I know, as I take time to reflect, that this would not have been possible without all of you - my brothers and sisters on this journey. Knowing you are out there - living this too - a click away in cyberspace, makes me feel part of a growing fraternity. I know I don't post as often as I should, and my profile is...well...pretty lame at this point - but please know that I appreciate all that you do. Finally, I want to thank all of you who were at that Richmond meet and greet last summer....I was days away from my surgery and met you - saw your successes: Rick's pants on the bulletin board, Natalie's bones, Leilani's incredible arms, David's smile, and of course Shannon's camera and warm hug - and I knew I wanted to be "one of you"...now I am....and I thank you all so very much. Looking forward to seeing you all sometime soon....the ASBS Walk was too fun...I wish you health and happiness this week! New pics will be up soon I promise! Tracey
wanda
on 1/15/06 7:23 am
Hi Tracey, what a nice post! Sounds like you're doing great! Sorry you'll be unable to come to the conference, but hopefully we can meet another time. Your loss is terrific and I'm so impressed by your working out! That's the part I've got to start working on! Have a great week! ~Wanda
cappymoon
on 1/15/06 7:43 am - Northern, VA
Tracey Sorry about you not being there this coming weekend, you will be missed! I met you breifly at the walk, would love another chance to get to know you better!! Someday, soon, I am almost sure of it!! Good work with your weightloss!! I am happy to hear you are inspiring others to jump on the bandwagon and get healthier. That is wonderful! You keep up the good work, and we will see each other soon! Dianna
Betsy Anitahug
on 1/15/06 8:24 am - Danville, VA
Hi Tracey...Yes, I am finally a loser! I am really enjoying this ride and like you said, I couldn't have done it without all the wonderful people on this board...We all have such a wonderful bond...I would like to take every obese person and get them on this board....it was a lonely life being obese. I will never forget where I came from...I will look at them with respect and love....knowing what they have to go through. It is going to be my fight in life.... Well, Sweetie...I am so glad to see you...please do post more often. I sure wish you could come to the conference but maybe some other time I can give you a big old hug... Hugs for now. Betsy
Kathy & Rich
on 1/15/06 10:42 am - Fairfax, VA
Hi, Honey! Nice to see you! Kathy
(deactivated member)
on 1/15/06 10:48 am - I Do Believe .. I Do I Do .., VA
Tracey , I have been thinking about you .. and wanted to thank you for you for your inspiring Christmas card you sent me . It was awesome ! 140 pounds .. I am so very proud of you . I can not wait to see you again. We will be planning some things after the conference for future meet and greets and I know we will be together soon . Justin sounds like my kind of man .. !!! When I need to feel blessed .. I go to Walmart and tote around those 50 pound bags of dog food .. and yes .. it makes you wonder how we ever handled that weight . I love you and miss you .. and we need PICS please .. Please post again soon . Tink .. aka .. Nat da bones Empress of da Pixie Land
SlimminShannon
on 1/15/06 11:55 am - Richmond, VA
I just told Diane friday night that I could not wait to see you! I cannot not even imagiane how wonderful you look. You are such a beautiful woman. You have the most awesome spirit to touch so many people. When I met you this past summer I said wow that is a wonderful woman. I really miss you. Send me an email sometime. DIane isn't the only one you can talk to ya know..LOL. J/k. Love ya!
LadyDiane
on 1/15/06 11:57 am - Richmond, VA
Miss Tarcey, I miss you so much my surgey sister! I feel like it's been years. Who would have thought that we would come this far in just about 6 months! I am so proud of your progress and you working out that early in the am! YOU GO GIRL! I am so thankful that we met in class and got to hang out, I wear my bracelt to work a lot and I think of you when I wear it. We must get together soon. I know if you are like me you are praying for some snow days, cause as much as I love my students, I need a break! I hope that Frank and the doggie are well, and you better get some new pics of your fabalous self up here soon! Tell everyone I said hi and we will talk soon HUGS, Diane
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views