Ring Resizing?

Bookworm5648
on 1/14/06 11:30 pm - Manassas Park, VA
Good Morning! I have a question about when to get my wedding rings resized. I had my surgery May 4th, 2005 and I have lost around 155 pounds so far. I have about 25 more to go to reach 'surgeon's goal'. I don't know how much of those 25 pounds I will actually lose, I am quite happy where I am right now. I had to stop wearing my wedding rings around the beginning of September, after I had lost over 100 pounds. I have 3 rings soldered together, so I could never find a plastic ring sizer that would fit over all of them. I actually was thinking of FINALLY getting them sized to fit me. I miss wearing them, and being a Navy wife and husband is deployed it makes me miss him even more since I can't wear them. When did you get your rings re-sized? Do you think I would be safe to do it now? How much can the last 25 pounds (if they come off) even matter? Thanks! Stacy 346/191
Sharon Q.
on 1/15/06 12:55 am - Fredericksburg, VA
Hey Stacy!! First of all, you have done wonderful on your weight loss!! You go girl!! Second of all, I say resize those rings. Life is too short to wait and see. It's only 25 more lbs. I'd just get them a little on the tight side, then you have play room. Again congrats, and go girl go!!! XOXOOXO, Sharon
Kathy & Rich
on 1/15/06 2:39 am - Fairfax, VA
Stacy, I say DO NOT resize your rings. Get "balls" put inside the band. Basically they put two balls of gold (or whatever the metal of your ring) is inside the band. It makes the ring fit tighter and keeps the ring on your finger. Then when you get to your final goal and stabilized you get them resized. Resizing denigrates the integrity of the metal so you don't want to resize them multiple times if you can help it. I had balls put inside my rings months ago. They are loose now but they won't go over the knuckle because of the balls. I'm thinking of adding bigger balls for the time being til I get where I'm going wherever that is. Kathy
tsaxon
on 1/15/06 6:01 am - Charlottesville, VA
Hi Stacy! Way to go on all of you loss! You go! I took a lead from Kathy and opted not to resize my rings at this point. I went to my jeweler and asked him what he thought I should do - he opted to put on a guard (like $1.50 per ring or something) and said he's add them until I had manitained my weight for a while. While resizing does not "hurt" the ring, he was trying to save me some money. I asked about "Kathy's balls" () and he said he could do that as well...I just decided to go with the chaeper choice. Do what makes you happy and makes the ring the most secure - what a great problem to have huh? Tracey
Kathy & Rich
on 1/15/06 6:17 am - Fairfax, VA
Whatcha talking about my balls like for, ma'am??? LOL! Anyway, I don't know the cost of balls...my jeweler did it for free for both Rich and I because our rings were purchased there. Kathy
TammyNVA
on 1/15/06 7:45 am - Chesterfield, VA
Hey Stacy, First, congratulations !!! Second, good question. I was wondering the same thing, although I am only 6 weeks out, but the almost 50 pounds I've lost has made EVERYTHING loose, including my wedding rings. Thanks to everyone for great ideas! Tammy
Sandy W.
on 1/16/06 9:00 pm - Manassas, VA
I too have the same problem. I have lost 140+ pounds and my rings now fit my thumb and very loosely at that. I would agree that resizing multi times will mess with the integrity of the metal. It's better to wait than ruin something that is so precious. Sandy 357/214/155
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Op 17 years
Penn5mom · 1 replies · 944 views
Anyone From RVA
jacreasy · 0 replies · 2278 views